*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1076350-Largely-Descriptive
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1076350
Dear God, you owe me money.
I was just thinking that if nothing is sacred and God is still around, he must want something. Didn't anybody tell God how the world works now? What kind of employees are we? God, you owe us all money, because we chewed up religion and put the dollar at the bottom line. Money is the eternal question and who ever has it, has a piece of you. We're all still kind of religious, and it isn't much of a following when the leader has been all taken up - so can we have some of you back?

This is great for a modern day prayer, and families should turn down the tv and say it before each meal. At the very least, send out a message on the intranet connection to the folks two doors down and to the right, to let them know God is still alive. Or have you forgotten too; maybe your memory was lost when we traded our old beliefs for new ones.

We think we've found something new, but we're really just bitter that God left us here. Thats because everything we have sucks. Try going broke, its a little bit liberating. If you can't do that, get a clock and put it beside your tv and try to feel your life dripping out of you at real time.
© Copyright 2006 J R Trefalger (molololo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1076350-Largely-Descriptive