*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1076677-nightmare
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1076677
this is about a nightmare that is all to real
A nightmare has awoken me and spoken in my ear.
The words that it speaks are too terrible to hear.

As it speaks more freely, it senses my eternal fear.

It speaks to me as if it knew me forever but intended to show me the dreadful fear that sleeps within my inner ear.

I try to tune it out as the voice gets louder, but my ear twitches in fear.
The words themselves are not what scare me; it’s the truth that lies within them that shatters my heart into endless shards.

With every shard of what once was beloved flying ever so close to my brokeness, they sharpen by the stained tears on a now bleeding heart.

Spoken as they fly by I try to hear them with a tensed fear.

I only can make out bits and pieces, from what I make out can only hurt me more, for they say now" believe in what you see not hear, believe your heart over your ear and only then can you be set free.

I listen close to heart the words and thoughts I once thought ought to be true come in to vision with a new light to see.

From witch is true to what is false the broken heart speaks the words but not the thoughts.

I sense this is all mistaken and it can’t be true but the room at witch I was in spoke into came into view, as fast as it came it went.

I awoken to with a gasp was that a dream or a faded past?
I stay in silence thinking is this real or a game I was playing?

I realize it was an image from my present that soon was my past.
An image that showed me away that was never heard from.

As that door closes so does the fear; from another chapter in a new nightmare.
© Copyright 2006 darkenhearted (war4190 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1076677-nightmare