*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1076840-love
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1076840
inspirational for anyone getting over and moving on from a difficult love affair
We should all be so lucky as to have at least one substantial love. The kind we don’t regret. The kind we choose not to forget. The kind we’ll still remember when our grandchildren are having their own loves. Replaying his face, his features, and the memories he gives us leaves us shedding a few tears, for we know these memories have been had and never will be again. At the same time we settle ourselves in the knowledge of living. To feel as much pain as you do is the result of how much love you felt. You’ll never feel the same again not even in your own skin, bones, or any other deepening layer for that matter, if there is such deeper than bones. While life goes on and the heaviness lifts there is still something of a change rebuilding a new layer of strength. We’ll miss them always and what were once distant but close memories are now stories we’ll tell from a more dignified and experienced view. We’ve been blown away by one of life’s masterpieces: love. Once its gone, we stand there in shock not knowing which way to put our heads or face our bodies. All we know is that we must pick up our belongings and move along to the next train. We feel we’ve seen it all and now we’re ready to move to what’s next. As we go along we may become discouraged, for these sights may not be as wonderfully bright or fantastically put together at just the right angles of satisfaction and contentment, but maybe, just maybe we might stumble upon a diamond in the rough. To keep moving is a must. To settle is not an option, for as many good you come across, you’ll hold out because you know there is excellence out there. You know this, you have this information, because you’ve witnessed excellence. Maybe not all the elements will be the same but the substance will feel just as breezy and comfortable. Like that cold, harsh day in winter, when your freezing insides scream for summer’s warm embracement. You deal with the pain because you know it will eventually subside and the warmth will welcome you again.
© Copyright 2006 kristin G (kristin3185 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1076840-love