*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1077271-Untitled
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1077271
Just the very beginning of a story.
Jacob:

This night I woke up to shouting from the guards and my parents. I could hear them running down the halls outside my door. I took in a sharp breath and the hairs on the back on my neck stood up. There was someone in the castle. People don’t run around screaming like that for no reason. I stood up and walked to my door. I was stepping on the heels of my navy pajama pants, but I wasn’t worried about that at the moment.

Once I couldn’t hear the footsteps any longer, I silently opened my door a crack. Peeking out, making sure no one was there, I opened it a little more. Suddenly, it was pushed shut.

“Don’t move,” a muffled voice said in my ear. I stood stock still; there was something sharp poking into my back. I was just standing there, facing the blank wooden door in front of me. Out the corner of my I could see a handed covered in a black glove lock the door. That same hand gripped my shoulder and roughly pushed me around.

Still behind me with the sword at my back, the black clad figure ordered me to open the window. I did so, but just as I was about to signal one of the guards positioned on the wall just outside my window, I heard the voice say, “He can’t see you. He’s stunned,” a small chuckle came from the man—well I think it’s a man—behind me. “Now,” he said, “off with your rings and open the chest.” A hand motioned to the wooden chest to the left of where I was standing.

I took off my rings and placed them in an open hand. The man opened the bag that was tied to his waist after beckoning over to the chest. I kneeled down and, after putting in the combination, I opened it. Taking out its contents, I placed it carefully in the already stuffed bag.

Quickly, the man sheathed his sword and made his way to the window. Taking a quick glance out to make sure all the clear, he sat on the ledge and dropped down a knotted rope. Tying one end to one of the rings that held up my drapes, he flung a leg over and was about to swing the other over, but I stopped him.

“What good is all this? What good is robbing a castle? How does this prove anything? What do you have to gain?” All these questions I asked him, not really thinking I’d get a response. I thought wrong.

“Things are not always as they appear,” was all he said. He took off his mask and I took in a breath. A woman! was the only thought that ran through my mind before she snapped her fingers and I fell in a silent heap to the floor.

A/N: This will take place in two POV's. Prince Jacob's and the robber's, whose name I haven't come up with yet.

© Copyright 2006 Julie Smith (shiftyshifke at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1077271-Untitled