*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1077812-The-Cinder-File-Chapter-4
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1077812
Angela finally catches up with her destiny; will she accept it?
Chap. 4

When I got home, I thought about what I had just done. I felt the shame wash over me. I knew that I would never be able to face Tammy again. As I put my head in my hands and sat down, I felt something squish in my back pocket.
'What?' I thought mindlessly.
Then I rembered: the envelope! I ripped it out of my pocket and tore it open. Out dumped one little slip of paper. It only had a few, short lines on it. They went something like this:

--Sky as Black as Evil,
Magic as White as Snow,
City as Green as Emerald,
To there I must GO!--

All of a sudden I became very dizzy and exhausted. Figuring it was because of the day I had had, I went in to my bedroom and laid down on my bed. I instantly fell asleep.
When I woke up I was still in my bed, just like I had been, but when I rolled over Tammy was looking down at me.
"Good morning, sleepy-head," she said as she ripped the blankets off of me.
I sat up as she walked over to the window. As she drew back the curtains a green light flooded the room. I ducked back down, the light blinding me.
She handed me some green sunglasses, when I realized she was wearing some too. After I put them on it hit me.
"Tammy, how did you get in my house?"
She looked at me like she had just seen a ghost. "Uh, well, I don't think I'm the best person to tell you that right now."
"What do you mean?" I asked, my curiosity rising.
She seemed to come to a conclusion. "Get dressed and I'll explain later."
When I wandered into my living room, with my favorite tank top and jeans on, Tammy was sitting with a few women and one muscular man. They were all about in their early thirties.
The man glanced at me, then looked at Tammy and said, "She's younger than I expected her to be."
"Well, I think she's adorable!" one of the women exclaimed before Tammy even opened her mouth.
The woman was blonde and appeared ditzy. The man was brown-eyed and black-haired. He had a thin, black beard that hung down to about half his neck.
The other woman was sitting away from the group with her hands in her lap, and she was looking down at her Dutch-style clogs, so I couldn't see her face.
"Well, who'd like to tell her?" Tammy nervously asked.
"Oh, I will! I will!" the blonde shrieked.
She walked over to me in her pink, foofy dress. She laid a hand on my shoulder and said, "First off, my name is Glinda. Glinda the Good. This here," she pointed to the man, "is Tom, but you may know him as the evil queen's henchman who was ordered to kill Snow White. Now, welcome to the Emerald City! Don't freak out: you're a witch! Ahh! It's so exciting! Now down to business. You have been called here to defend fairy tale villians in court."
I sank down on the couch and tears sprang to my eyes.
"We will help of course. You don't have to, but you won't remember this meeting if you don't. So, will you?!" Glinda srieked.
I looked at all four of them and ran out the door, and ran, not looking where I was going. Of course, it wouldn't have mattered because I wouldn't have recognized any of the buildings anyway.
© Copyright 2006 Elphaba Thropp (elphaba at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1077812-The-Cinder-File-Chapter-4