*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1077953-integrity-extinct-in-modern-times
by renk
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1077953
correlates love of childhood toy to love triangle
before i retire to bed to dream of utopia in a faraway land, hear this:

your parents buy you a toy; the one you've wanted all your life.
you love it and cherish it and play with it everyday; it's your favorite.
you swear to it you won't ever stop cherishing it, not until death do you part; it's your favorite.
you claim "it's perfect, it has everything i want," it should; it's your favorite.
your mind won't let you rest while you're at school, nagging, can't wait to get home and play with it because it's your favorite.

time goes by...

your parents buy you a new toy and you love it and cherish it and play with it everyday.
the "favorite" is forgotten.
replaced; a new "favorite" is born.

what about those promises?
what about that word "love"?
claimed you loved it.
claimed it was perfect.
claimed it had everything you wanted.
claimed to cherish it until death did you part.
either you were fooled or you wanted to make a fool.

it's not ok to make empty promises,to throw around the word 'love.'
it's. not. oh. k.
it takes real courage, real cold hearted courage, to take advantage, to make a fool of that who trusts.
So here's an accolade, a toast, a medallion, an ode, a gift from me to you, a simple "Thank You" for being the perfect example of the extinct integrity which you advocate and inspire me to write about.
© Copyright 2006 renk (renk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1077953-integrity-extinct-in-modern-times