*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1078713-Bad-Luck
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Nick13
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #1078713
a monolog of a inicent man being tried for muder more exparamenting by me.
Everything will fall into place. Everyone has told me that. I tell them how messed up my life is and they just go off on some long speech about life. What the hell is your problem? I mean, you say what is going on is just life. I don’t see you going to court for some bunk crime you didn’t do. I don’t see you seein’ a shrink. No. You don’t know jack.
I try to explain things to people and all they do is use same screwed up adage “life is a long and bumpy road.” No duh. I’ve known that, you asked what was going on, I told you. I didn’t want some screwed monolog on life. Forget that.
The entire point of asking someone “how’s life?” or “what’s new” is to know what is going on in their life. They’re not asking you for help. Unless they do ask for help don’t give it to ‘em. I don’t want it.
It works the same way with phone call. If you call a ten at night and they say “no I can’t talk right now, I have court in the morning.” If they aren’t an attorney you instantly assume they did it. You ask what for and they tell you ‘murder’. You ask ‘why did you do it.’ They didn’t do it. Okay. I just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Scratch that. They just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
What if I… they just don’t want to talk about it? I mean some one killed their true love and framed them for it. Not that it has anything to do with it. But lets just say for argument sake the situation is as fallows:
I was minding my own business just going over to see her. I knock on her door. No answer. I knock again. No answer. I hear screaming and open the door. There in her living room is a big guy with a knife. He is standing over her dead body, which is bleeding over the damn couch. He tries to kill you and you just happen to grab the knife in the fight for your life. What was I supposed to do? Let him kill me, you…I mean them.
This makes no sense. I know. Still stuff like this… I mean that, happens. Why did it happen to me? Sorry what if it happened to you. Did I deserve this? Why? I mean, shit, this could happen to anyone else. You, your neighbor, your best friend. You can’t just deal with it. This is going to have its mark on me. Not that anything like this happened to me. But. But. I suppose the moral of all this is: bad stuff can happen to good people, even when so much is ahead of me.
© Copyright 2006 Nick13 (kiefer2790 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1078713-Bad-Luck