*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079247-Got-Money
Rated: E · Prose · Women's · #1079247
Love and money in 2006...
Do you have money?

Not yet, I intend to make my lover wealthy. Maybe it’s a test. Of faithfulness. Of Loyalty. If I could make a man rich, would he realize my hand in the whole affair? Would he give me due credit? Or would he leave me with nothing? Essentially destitute, the test would then becomes mine. Do I allow myself to become bitter and cynical? Or do I wish the best for him always, and make due with what I have left?
If I could make another rich, with the expectation that I would benefit simply because he loves me, would I find his love to be true? A beautiful risk…It begs the question – why would I rather make my lover wealthy, than make myself alone wealthy?
Let us deliberate. If I make myself wealthy, all alone, then I can have whatever I want materially. I can give anyone what they lack, materially. And suppose I meet a man who claims to love me. How will I ever know if it is me or my wealth? It seems more to the point then, to make the one I love wealthy, and see him return it to me.
© Copyright 2006 gemini77 (gemini77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079247-Got-Money