*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079441-The-Werewolf-Of-Jasterville
Rated: E · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1079441
a small town in tennesee is threatened by a dark terror
The night started out just like any other, in the small peaceful town of Jasterville, Tennessee. One cool Halloween night, three boys were walking home from the movies. They were laughing, and having a good time, talking about how funny the movie was, when suddenly one of the boys stopped dead in his tracks. It was fifteen-year-old Josh Chamberlain, and he was just staring up at the bright harvest moon looming ominously up in the sky. “Guys I wanna go home now” said Josh with a hint of fear in his voice. Then the oldest of the three boys, eighteen-year-old James Conelrad, turned around and said, “ What, you usually love staying up late, what’s going on?” Josh spun around like a buzz saw, and glared at James. “I just wanna go home….okay…. I don’t need a reason,” he said in a low growling like voice. James raised his hands, and backed away slowly, he chuckled and said, “ Sheesh, it was just a question, don’t freak out”.
Then the youngest of the two brothers, fourteen-year-old Jeremy Conelrad, walked up, and elbowed his older brother James right in the gut, and walked over to Josh. James snickered, and said slyly, “I bet he is afraid the werewolves will get him”,
“Shut up” replied Josh with a snap. Jeremy rolled his eyes, and put his arm around Josh’s shoulder, and said slowly, “ Listen Josh, werewolves are just monsters, made up by authors and filmmakers, and put into movies and books to scare people, they don’t exist man”. Almost instantaneously after Jeremy finished that sentence, Josh shoved him away, and glared coldly at him. Then Josh spoke in the same low seemingly growling voice, “Werewolves do exist Jeremy, they do, and tonight you will see just how much they do exist, mark my words…you’ll see”, and with that he ran off down the street, and into the night. James walked up beside Jeremy, and blinked. “What was that about?” he asked,
“I don’t know” replied Jeremy. James shrugged, and then saw the beginning of the path that lead through Wolf Bane Woods. “Hey lets take a shortcut through Wolf Bane Woods, my friend, told me about a shortcut through there” said James with a grin. Jeremy looked at James skeptically, and said sarcastically, “Why so you can ditch me there like you did last week, so you could go off with your girlfriend, and make really creepy wolf noises, trying to scare me”. James narrowed his eyes, and spoke softly towards Jeremy, “Her name was Christine, and I ditched you, because you were being annoying, but….I didn’t make any wolf noises”. Jeremy chuckled, but then shook his head, and looked at James. “Wait did you say you didn’t make those wolf noises” asked Jeremy.
“Yea I didn’t…I was….well that doesn’t matter” and James lifted a branch of a tree, and stepped onto the old dirt path. “Besides, I thought you were the one making those noises” said James. Jeremy stood there for a moment, and hesitated, “no…I didn’t” he finally said softly. Jeremy looked at the path, which was overshadowed by Gnarl trees, and Weeping Willow trees, that seemed to reach out for people who passed by, with long swaying arms. Jeremy looked at the trees, and shivered, and took a deep breath, and lifted up the same branch his brother had, and started to walk after him down the path, Unknown to him, a pair of fiery red eyes were watching him from the brush.
© Copyright 2006 Specter (lotr4life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079441-The-Werewolf-Of-Jasterville