*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079919-Forever-Poor
by Lumeng
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1079919
What is driving the world around? What is driving us alive? Didier
Forever Poor


“ The great events of the world take place in the brain. It is in the brain, and the brain only, that the great sins of the world take place also.”

(The Wall Street Journal -Monday March 6, 2006)

* * *

Stocks look is uncertain after the industry Giant Gavivi Corp announced strategic plan proposed by Dr Didier, the Strategic Executive among the third generation of company leadership.


9:39Am NASDAQ Stock Market

* * *

On the news line, a brief biography of Dr Didier is provided.

“Dr Didier, French business psychologist, regarded as the “Einstein” in business world, known for the formulation of the relativity theory, black hole theory, recognized as one of the greatest minds in economic history.”

(Flash back to 5 years ago)

In the Auditorium of Financial Hall at University of Gavivi, sponsored by Gavivi Corp. Dr. Didier was giving an important presentation on his theoretical research. People were packed in the Auditorium room, everyone is carrying a small flag with them, on the flag it is the name of Dr,” Didier”.

“ In the last fifteen years, I have been doing research on human beings’ mind. Based on my 100,000 case studies, I established my black hole theory. “

“ I have discovered every human beings has many black holes inside them, each black hole is represented by a desire, these holes are constantly asking to be fed. And we respond to the requests by feeding them constantly, otherwise we will not feel happy.”

“The interesting thing is the hole is growing by being fed, that is why they never stop asking. For example, a man wants to buy a house to fill his hole of desire for a comfort living. After he does get a house, he feels satisfied for a moment, then he checks out the hole, he finds the hole is not shrinking but growing bigger, as he is desiring for a bigger house…”

On the power point slides, audience is watching the black holes growing bigger and bigger…

“ Another interesting theory is relativity. “ Dr Didier continued

“ Being satisfied with what you have is always in a relevant state. For instance, I have been doing a follow up study with an ordinary man. He was very poor many years ago, lived in a poor neighborhood. He struggled to become rich, years later, he made some money, lived in a nice neighborhood, he could not go back to the poor area. Somehow, he was introduced to another neighborhood, people are much richer than him, he still considered him poor…He started to struggle again…”

“ He became one of the richest person in the world, but one day he saw another world, another planet, he was still very poor…”

“My proposal”, Dr Didier cleared his throat, “ To stimulate our economic and keep our society growing, we should try to keep people stay in the poor state by providing a richer world than which they belong to now.”

“ Exceptional!”
“ Unheard of!”
“ Sensational!”
“ Unbelievable!”
Audience was making noise

“ How to do that, Dr Didier?” Someone was asking

Dr. Didier smiled, “ I am going to invent machine to create imaginations in people’s mind. Since each one has black holes, I will feed the holes with the virtual signals so they will grow bigger, and people will strive more for a higher desire. The poorer they feel, the bigger the hole, the stronger the desire, the more money we will make…”


“Stay Poor!”
“Gavivi!”
“Didier!”
Audience applauded and waved the small flags in their hands.

“Finally” , Dr. Didier cleared his throat again, “ I will summarize my presentation is in this slide.”
Audience held their breaths to look at the final conclusion.

In this slide, they saw flash animation of Cannibalism.

A sheer silence in the Auditorium.

“ Precise!”
“ Sharp insight!”
“ Genius!”
Audience acclaimed . Like waves, flags of “Didier” are dancing in the Auditorium.

( Back to year 2006)

In NASDAQ Stock Market, people are crowded as before in the Auditorium 5 years ago.

Rumors are spreading around.

“ I bet Gavivi ‘s stock will go up, Dr. Didier’s Black Hole No5 machine definitely will stimulate the demands, more revenue will be generated.”

“ Sounds reasonable.”

“ You know what? Gavvi’s strategy plan is just a defensive announcement. Dr. Didier is in hospital now.”

“ What happened?”


“ Actually, he is dying. Dr. Didier is always not satisfied with his black hole theory and the machine he is inventing, he is addicted like he is drugged, in his sickbed, he says, ‘ I am cannibalized by my own hole, the desire for helping companies make money, I feel I am always poor in my mind. Please leave these two words on my gravestone, ‘Forever Poor’”.


Note: In African, Gavivi means “ Money is sweet”, in French, Didier means “ Desire”

© Copyright 2006 Lumeng (lumeng at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079919-Forever-Poor