*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1080300-My-Rock
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1080300
Love Is Never Wrong
My Rock

As the leaves danced around, creaking iron gates could be heard straining to move with the wind. The radiant moon smiled down on the land. A mass building stood in the middle of the scene so elegant and proud. Many of the occupants couldn’t sleep; the previous thunderstorm had disturbed them. Only one was sleeping reliving the worst day of her life. In the day she couldn’t escape it, small things would trigger the memory, night only proved to be an opening when she would relive it over and over again.

*It was a warm day. Two figures sat at the table smiling at their son and daughter playing on the grass. Unknown to them their other daughter watched the scene. I walked down the grassy slope to join them, going over what she was going to say to them, finally I reached them, and drew a deep breath.

“Daddy, mom I have something to tell you” spoke a voice I didn’t recognise but it was clearly my own.


Suddenly jolted awake by an unknown force, she sat there shaking and absent-mindedly looking around. Her eyes focused on Hope, her best mate and her rock. Silence washed over the room all need for words disappeared. Hope stood up silently asking for permission to get in with Louise. Slowly she climbed over Louise’s body and snuggled up into her. There, content in each other’s arms they fell asleep awaiting their wake up call.

Light filtered through the blinds and rested on their faces. Slowly Louise started to get up but found something restricting her to the bed. With one glance across the room she knew it was Hope and sighed to herself. It never was meant to be like this. She never meant to fall in love with Hope.

“I don’t know how Hope but I do and always will.”

Louise rolled over in bed to watch her girl. She’s so beautiful Louise thought to herself. Light brown hair, curly at the moment, those brilliant blue eyes so hypnotic. She remembers the first time they met.

History the most boring subject I took. Well it was until the door squeaked open.
“Hi I’m Hope Ashton. I’m new, I think I’m supposed to be in this class”
She had a choice sit with me, or with the most popular girls in school, she picked me. From that day we hung out more and more we even went to the end of school dance together, raised a few eyebrows that did.


They finally got up and wandered down to the common room. Well what you could call a common room. Hope gripped Louise’s hand; this place freaked her out Louise didn’t blame her. This place was full of crazy people.

“You’re sending me to Bay leaf’s, why?” I asked “ To separate me from Hope? It won’t work dad. I’ll be out within a week”

‘A week!’ Louise thought to herself ‘how wrong could I get. We’ve been here a year’ She shook her head to herself.

I slowly walked along the corridor the first night I was there, Mumbling, Moaning and Snoring. Three things I had expected. I carried on walking, I passed a door which was open, a girl sat there watching me, I didn’t like being watched so I carried on thinking of Hope and how much I needed her. Finally I reached the last door along the winding corridor, mine. I could hear soft crying I opened my door and saw Hope curled up in foetal position on my bed. My angel, my rock needed me more than I thought.

Last day here, ‘thank the good lord’ thought Louise. Giving the final hugs they made their way to freedom. Together always, through anything, she was Louise’s rock, Louise’s saviour. Both mentally and physically they left the place they had called home for a year. Finally accepted for what they were and what they loved. Hands joined, they walked out the door to freedom.

© Copyright 2006 xinnocencex (xbratx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1080300-My-Rock