*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1081879-Ghost-of-life
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Ghost · #1081879
just read....
The alarm clock screamed. I reached over and slapped it off the desk. I slowly got out of bed and walked deadly to the bathroom. The lights switched on and I became alive. I looked in the mirror and saw the reflection of myself. My dreadful self.
I rubbed my eyes, and I stood there waiting for my body to awake. Slowly I made my way back into my room and prepared myself for school. When I was done I ran downstairs and kissed my mother goodbye.
I breathed in the fresh air and made my way to school. As soon as I got there my best friend was waiting.
"Summer..." she said, "there is a guy looking for you at your locker, he's new but he said that you were friends with him."
"What's his name?" I asked concerned.
"He says his name is Goven"
"Mary..I don't know anyone by that name"
We walked into the building, surrounded by friends and foes. I walked to my locker not knowing what to expect. Silently I made my way to my locker, and there he was. Waiting for me with a rose, a tall handsome boy stood stil. With his black hair and green eyes, a buttoned-down shirt and blue jeans. He looked so familar. Where is he from? I thought to myself. I walked closer and closer, small steps at a time. Finally I reached my locker and he turned around. He introduced himself and handed me the rose. I accepted it with pleasure and he walked me to my first class. We talked all throughtout the day. I kept getting the feeling I knew him, but everytime I asked a question he changed the subject.
Before I knew it, it was the end of the day and he was walking me home. I started to walk across the street, and before I knew it a car was speeding towards me in the corner of my eye. I gasped and froze. I couldnt move. I shut my eyes tight, and when they opened I was laying on the pavement and the car went straight through Goven. I was in shock. He was a ghost, a ghost of Charlie. I knew he seemed so familar.
Before I moved here I lived in New York. I had a best friend, his name was Charlie. He had died one afternoon because of a drunk driver.
Goven walked over to me. He explained that it wasnt my time to go and he was sent by god from heaven to save me. He left right after he explained this to me. From then on I lived life to the fullest.
© Copyright 2006 bright eyes (shmackie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1081879-Ghost-of-life