*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1082426-Deaths-Best-Friend
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1082426
A short story with a twist, action and blood aplenty... enjoy
Death’s Best Friend

My footsteps echoed through the alleyway, the darkness made me invisible. It’s been three days since my last, the anticipation of another filled my veins with adrenaline. The crescendo of my size twelve footsteps warned the girl that danger was only an inch away

I backed off into the darkness, she looked around seeing no one, hearing no one, sensing no one.

I liked to play with them, teasing my prey, making them feel safe right before I showed them the full meaning of “deaths best friend.”

The alleyway opened up onto a crossroad, she turned left. I hugged the wall until its edge fell away. I peeked my head around the corner, she walked up to a car, arched over and talked into the driver’s window. The streetlight above showered light down onto the chrome of the car and the face of the girl.

I looked around to see if anybody else was on or near the crossroads.

“Ahhhh… I told you we are done, we are over…leave me alone!.” The girl screamed out.

My prey had found another hunter, this could not do. He had to be shown who the king of this concrete jungle is.

“Hey! Leave her alone” I shouted towards the car.

The girl looked towards me, her back straightened and a hand moved back inside the car. She ran towards me.

“Mr. you don’t know who is in that car, you don’t know how dangerous he is, get out of here why you still can!”

He doesn’t know who I am, I thought to myself.

I looked at the car, the driver’s door opened, the man stepped out, I recognized his face with one look. He owned the streets and alleyways I had been walking on, this concrete jungle was his…Augustus Tye the kingpin of Hell’s kitchen… I had seen a king.

He didn’t rise to the throne from being an heir, he conquered the streets of L.A. through blood shed he got his kingdom.

The suit that Tye wore was custom tailored to fit a bull’s physique, it was only coincidence that it fit him so well. The streetlight glistened off the top of his balding head.

He walked my way, a steely glazed look overcame his face, he was ready for war. I was ready to surrender. The fear of his presence had clouded my thoughts. I would not surrender I would fight and I would win, because I had one advantage over him. I’m already dead.

Tye threw his coat to the ground, revealing a white silk shirt worth more then my car.

He swung with his left, I ducked underneath it, then uppercutted to his stomach with my left. The impact of my punch took him by surprise. Tye let go a fury of punches, I managed to block only a few. I fell to the ground, my trench coat ripped and was in ruin, the blood would have been hard to wash out anyway.

I picked myself up and charged at Tye, I hit him like a Mac truck, I pushed him against a wall. I had him pinned. It was time to surprise him again. My thirst had taken over, it had been three days since I last drank the blood of an innocent. I drove my fangs into Tye’s neck. This time the blood that gushed into my mouth was not innocent, far from it. I let go of Tye, he fell to the ground not moving.

I walked over to the girl, she was shimmering from the cold night air. She hadn’t run away, did she not notice that I was a Vamp?

“Are you alright?” I inquired
“Yes, ill be ok, but I think you’re in more trouble then me.”

She pointed towards the alleyway wall were I left Tye. He was not there. Had I just given the greatest gift that a king could ever want? Immortality.

“Do you think I pissed him off?” I asked the girl.
“I think you did champ.”
“What’s your name? I said wondering… wondering if the hole I just dug for myself was worth saving her life for.
“Crystal.”
“Sure…now what your real name?”
“Elizabeth….Elizabeth Lauren.”
“Is that French?”
“It is if you want it to be champ.”
“Come with me ill show you what I want.”

I lead Elizabeth off to my apartment, still not sure in my mind if I would make her my next meal, or my next conquest. But one thing is for sure I have earned my nickname, Tye has an eternity to kill and to rule the streets. Death’s best friend I truly am.
© Copyright 2006 Blax345 (blax345 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1082426-Deaths-Best-Friend