*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1082854-The-Back-Story
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1082854
This is the backstory for the series of lyrics that I will be posting. DO NOT RATE!
Earth, Ursula, and Aldera are the three planets in the Net; a combination of clocks and keys that has been created by the two gods to keep the worlds separate and thus at peace within each other. The only way to get to one planet from another is the gate Omega IV, which is hidden in the red giant star Scion Part 7.

Linking these three planets together is the center star that is using its gravitational pull to keep all the planets in orbit. This star is known only to some and only as the Function. As it is now, it is collapsing on itself for unknown reasons and becoming the prophesized Malfunction. The collapse of this star would mean it would turn into a black hole and destroy the three worlds along with the rest of the universe.

There is a fourth planet, The Domain, on the outskirts of the Net that only appears once every one thousand years for two hours but stays when the Second Savior and the Toolbox are on the same planet. It appears just outside the link between Earth and Aldera and houses the 26 Faint Figures. The Faint Figures can all see the future, but cannot see the past and only the lies of the present. They were once the inhabitants of the Domain as messengers from the two gods. But seeing as they instead manufactured the Function in order to create man as a lesser being than themselves, the two gods subjected them to their punishments. The Faint Figures float between the link of Aldera and Earth as giant ice sculptures and are said to take the souls of others in order to feed their hunger. They alone know how to change the Malfunction back to the Function.

The world of Ursula is split up into 13 separate parts, or Precincts. All of these precincts were under control of a ruler only known as the Crown. Unfortunately, the Crown was the victim of a vendetta of three children, who with their mother, succeeded in destroying the Crown. In the midst of confusion, a new ruler stepped into his role. Paga Way, a man with mysterious origins, quickly took hold of Ursula and demanded nothing less than complete obedience from the occupancies of the precincts. With his army under the command of his general, Baquet Lee, they quickly brought Ursula to its knees.

However, after Ursula was completely obtained, Baquet Lee learned of Paga’s scheme and decided to break off and form the Insurgence in order to bring down Paga Way. The Insurgence’s first members only contained those members of the various Precincts who felt that Paga was an unjust ruler, however as time progressed, the members included those of The Reckoning and Baquet Lee’s younger brother, Jacob.

Right before the conflict between the Reckoning and the Insurgence truly escalated to war proportions, Jacob Lee was found to be a traitor to the Insurgence and in a foul sweep, gave information to Paga about the Insurgence’s plans to usurp Paga. Paga then gathered his army under his new general Vee Jay and told him to stop the Insurgence.

Back on the one of the corners of the Net, Harold of Earth prepares to go into the Second World War and fight for America. His wife, Sarah, begs him not to go because she doesn’t want to see him die, but ultimately he does go. The two gods are weaving a web of destiny for Harold, for they plan to take him to Ursula to save the planet and ultimately the Net.

As it is now, Harold, who has found himself in Ursula holds two secrets. The first being that his is the Second Savior and is meant to save the universe from the Malfunction. The second is that when the final fight between him and Paga commences, something in him called the Screwdriver reversed will be unleashed and speed up the collapse of the Function. Paga, is known by a couple names such as Death’s Favored Son (a pseudonym he uses when interacting with unpleasant or untruthful persons) and The Toolbox (His true prophesized name, for with him the Screwdriver reversed could be unleashed).

And this is where our story begins…
© Copyright 2006 The Writing Writer (vagrant_ai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1082854-The-Back-Story