*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1082889-Philosophy-of-Human-Love-and-Hate
by Legend
Rated: 13+ · Other · Philosophy · #1082889
This is a brief philosophical essay about the reasons behind Hate and Love.
While I, Andrew, walked through the halls of my High School, a friend (whose name will not be known) confronted me with a statement along the lines of; "Man I HATE Ms.-----!" It was then and after that I wondered what gave people the REASON to hate, and possibly I'd find what reason they had to love as well.

It must start with one's character, because, one does not hate another on the basis of static things, since nothing is static with humans. For instance, you would not hate someone because of their hair, but because they had a degenerative quality about them. Degenerative to their attractivness and moral appearence. Then it MUST be the character in one's self, but it brings up the question of WHAT form of character. I pondered this and found that, what you hate is the opposite of what you like, thus the opposite of your own traits would be of your loathing. Say, a bank robber is shooting and being shot at by a police offiver, ignoring the job aspect and civil duties, both men's character is why one became a bank robber and the other a policeman. Complete opposites of each other in the job sense as well.

Getting back to the 'static' portion of my reasoning, a static trait such as looks would not be a reason for loathing someone, for they can change, and is not static. Not to mention it would be a rediculous reason. But what of the feeling love? It is in a certain amount based on looks, which is NOT static, and the other's character. And if one's opposite trait is such of he/she hates, then one similiar would be such of he/she likes, or loves in this matter. The old saying; "Opposites attract." is a folly of human understanding. It has been established that if one's character is opposite of yours, then you might dislike or hate that person, so if the opposite parralel is correct, then an admired character would be one a person would like, maybe love.

Of COURSE this all depends on the person or persons in question, people can change, so they are not static, their character can change, so a person hated may become a friend, and the oppposite as well. Please leave feedback, and a rating if ya' want. Thank you for reading!
© Copyright 2006 Legend (capatainnooce at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1082889-Philosophy-of-Human-Love-and-Hate