*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1083831-The-Quiet-Centre
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Community · #1083831
A ChurchMouse Tale
“My life is so full of stuff. It’s just one thing after another, one bad situation after another, one challenge after another, day after day, it’s just never-ending.” moaned Cousin Bob ChurchMouse.

“Take a deep breath, Cousin Bob, you need to calm down”, said Lynneth with a sigh.
“Yes Bob, do calm down”, repeated Aunt Chelsey, “What you need to do, is find your quiet centre”.
“My quiet centre? What is that? And how do I find it?” asked Cousin Bob.

“It’s inside you Bob”, said Lynneth, “you just need to quiet your mind, stop that ceaseless flow of thoughts. If you practice, you will soon find the quiet place inside; you will hear that still small voice…”

“A voice? Inside me?” stuttered Cousin Bob, “Whose voice??”

“Why, its God’s voice Bob”, Aunt Chelsey answered.

“Does God live inside us, Aunt Chelsey?” asked little Maisie, as she scurried into the sanctuary.

“God lives where there’s room for him Maisie. If there’s room in your heart, he lives there. If there’s room in your classroom, he lives there”, answered Aunt Chelsey thoughtfully. “If there’s room in…”

“Does God live in Charlie’s suitcase?” Maisie interrupted with a squeal of delight.

“I doubt that there’s room for anything in Charlie’s suitcase right now” said Aunt Chelsey with a chuckle.

“I swear I do believe he has a pan of squares in that suitcase!” uttered GreatGrama Greeta, under her breath.

Uncle George Ulmer raised an eyebrow. “I saw those Christmas underwear he got on sale at Walmart’s stickin’ right out the side of that suitcase, you know – the one’s that say…

“George Ulmer! That does not bear repeating”, said GreatGrama with a very disapproving look.

“Can we sing the song Aunt Chelsey? The one about Cousin Bob’s insides?”

“Cousin Bob’s insides?” asked Aunt Chelsey with a puzzled look as she sat down at the piano. “Oh I see… ”, she said, as she began to play.

“Come and find the quiet centre in the crowded life we lead, find the room for hope to enter, find the frame where we are freed: Clear the chaos and the clutter, clear our eyes that we can see all the things that really matter, be at peace, and simply be.”
© Copyright 2006 Chatter (chalmers at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1083831-The-Quiet-Centre