*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1084371-CAVEMEN
by san
Rated: 13+ · Other · Food/Cooking · #1084371
For the "LaGross Gastronomique:A Contest" Got 'HONORABLE MENTION':D
250 B.C.

Our main character, who has no name but often is called "Urg" by the other cave people, was slouching and moving like a gorilla along the seashore. The wind was barely whispering his greasy tangled hair and loincloth.
A ways away, his cave pack was scavenging for food like nervous animals. They searched through the sand, behind rocks, in the dull grey sea...And they couldn't find anything.

Urg crawled further and in the distance he saw a big, big squishy rock. He grinned yellow, crooked teeth. Then he ran, slouching over, for the gigantic white squishy 'thing'. He made excited grunts and yells.
Urg stopped and cocked his head.

What was this animal? It was no rock. It was some kind of fish. It was the size of 3 of him and had skinny arms. The arms were squishy, he realized as he kicked it. And there were round circles on the bottom of the arms.

Urg was the impulsive man of the pack. He was the cave man who frequently got hit with the wooden club because of his ongoing stupidity.

But, that didn't come to Urg's mind like it should have. So, he bent forward then chewed at the rubbery squid. A cave man saw this and ran for Urg.

Urg didnt notice. He tore off a bite of flesh and chewed.
Salty...Difficult to chew....Raw....Gushing with liquid, blood, blubber, and guts....It wasn't bad...

The other cave man started grunting angrily at Urg.
Urg tore off a chunk of the squid and shoved it in his whiner's mouth. The cave man chewed like a cow....
Slowly, he grinned his rusted away teeth.

That night the cave people had a feast of squid!

Unfortunately, most of them died from food poisoning.

This was all but three cave people who used a fire to cook the meat only because they had dropped the squid in the flames by accident and didn't want to waste valuable food...


© Copyright 2006 san (sanwolfgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1084371-CAVEMEN