*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1084552-Im-Done
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Friendship · #1084552
Ever have crappy friends, and you just say you've had enough?
I have given you good three years, and you treat me like I’m not worth the time and effort. All I ask for is some consideration, I’m supposed to be your sister; your friend but you can’t treat me like that.

I’ve tried to understand, I’ve tried to be there. I’ve even had your back, defended you like the idiot I now realize that I am. And for what? Now, I stand in the mirror looking at the stupidity I mistook for friendship.

What are friends? Why am I begging and jumping through hoops for something that’ll never be? I feel like a complete fool and a loser for ever thinking that you would like to be friends with me. I’m glad I didn’t give you money, because I’d be broke as hell trying to buy your affections.

I realize that the distance limits our interactions and our visitations; however, as friends an effort or sacrifice is supposed to be made. Do I have the definition of a friend wrong? Maybe Webster needs to re-define that word to make it fit the situation I’m in.

How desperate was I for friends/sisters who weren’t birthed from the loins of my mother? I cried with you, hell, I’ve cried for you. I wanted you to appreciate me like I appreciate you. I wanted you to respect me like I respected you.

The wanting and waiting is now over, so you see, I’ve tried to be there for you with no luck. So it’s now over and done with, no more traveling friend I’ll be. I’ll talk to you on email and the phone. . .I may even text message, but that’s the extent of my friendship to you.

Emotional hurt’s an infection that needs to be cut out to feel better. I’m not really sad to say I have to cut you out, because I’m glad to. . .FINALLY!

Goodbye, enjoy your life. I pray that you’re a better friend to someone else than you were to me.
© Copyright 2006 Dot's Spot (dottie1976 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1084552-Im-Done