*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1084683-The-Moon
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ravana
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1084683
This is one of short stories written by me.
“I need my moon!” I warned. But the nurse who drawing medicine to a syringe from a vial on the trolley or the doctor by her didn’t care what I said. Attendants holding me to the chair were discussing about the next presidential election.

“ I………Nee……….d my….mo……..o……….n!!!!!!” I shouted aloud as much as I could. My sudden change made attendants to pay attention on me and tried to push me to the chair again. The nurse gave the syringe to the doctor, stepped back and marked her note pad. She neither looked at me nor cared me.

My hands were tightened and couldn’t wipe the blood and saliva flown from mouth to the chest. All are trying to weaken me. The attendants who were drawing me along the corridor are still holding me as taming a dangerous wild beast.

Without asking a word the doctor came and injected me the medicine. I felt the medicine spreading beneath the tissue.

“such……a …n…i…c..e…..thing.” I tried to explain what I meant to say.

I needed to say that moon is the only thing I loved in this world and the only thing loved me. But before that I felt the whole place became darker.

When I woke up I thought it was night. But then I knew I was kept in a dark room which has no windows. My clothes were also removed.

The weak dim rays of the bulb near corridor are seen through frontal iron bars of my room. So am I. I too become weaker when I cannot see the moon. My limbs are not control. I slowly crawled to a darker corner of my room and closed my face with my hands.

I heard someone loitered to and fro. I turn and looked who it was. An old man wearing a white suit like a prisoner was looking at me. I saw his eyes glittering like a tiger’s. Yes it was very rude. Even at semi darkness I could see it.

I slowly stepped towards him.

“Can you help me to come out of this room and set free?” I pledged.

“No!!!” He growled.

“Do you know how much I helped them to put you in?”

“Oh old wicked man!” I muttered.

He came closer to me saying something.

“The moon is such a valuable thing for you huh?” He sniggered.

I was angry enough to hear a single word against my ever loving moon. Staring at me he put his right hand through iron bars and rotated slowly the fist showing me something.

“See this! See! I squeezed and smashed your big moon into smithereens with this hand yesterday.”

He couldn’t finish his words. I was to be quicker to give the best punishment for such a traitor. I bent his hand to the reverse, press against shoulder and tightened. I never heard such a big horrific scream before. He tried harder to escape. But I am the stronger player of this game. The hero of moon. I heard few attendants running towards us. I still tried to bend it more and more.

“Vulgar, old idiot, I do not let live anyone hurt my moon. See how the moon hurt yesterday when you squeezed it!”

Two attendants carried the unconscious old man away after hitting me by an iron rod, until I released the broken hand.

My shoulders and hands were fully thrashed and mauled. I again crawled to the darker corner of the room. The whole body begins to shiver and shudder.

“Oh where is my moon to soothe me….” I whispered.

The world is rude. I have known it since my childhood. I never cared the people who laughed at me, poked fun at me or degraded me. I remember how I guard my Gotukola nursery from stealing neighbors. I was not sleeping whole nights to protect it. The only thing with me to banish my loneliness was moon. It never hurt me. It derived the meaning of life from my heart, blender with rays and percolate to nostrils. The cold moon beam has a kind of warmth, which aroused me and keeps awake. It asks wind not to disturb me and pour the moon beam from head to feet.

In the day time I carried a gunny of Gotukola and walked to sell door to door in the street. If I could make a sale I looked at the moon in the sky and see how it is happy and smile with me. It shares my happiness.

The regular green leave seller of the street came by a cycle and stopped me near the bridge. He kept the cycle aside and came to me angrily. I was alarmed.

“Ha, you are the person punch my stomach and let my children die without food! How dare you…..”

He scuffled and hit me. He threw my gunny to the river from the bridge. How could I turn up and see how my moon cries seeing this? I just looked how my gunny sank slowly and disappeared in the river.

I homed with pain. My bed was dragged out of room to the compound and lay. I exposed my whole body to the moon and bathed rays. I knew when I did so my all pain vanished and will be refreshed.

I remember how I ran to the bank of the river sometimes and cumulate fireflies to a bottle and watch it. When it was a full moon day I used to apply oil on whole body and lie on a rock to cure my all pains.

At the time of market place close I go there to buy semi rotten egg plants and flour for cheaper price. I sit on the floor near the compound and eat Roti and egg plant curry prepared by me. I know the moon looks at me. But it doesn’t disturb me. The cold breeze, nocturnal creatures or disgusted people hurt me, oh but moon.

I was transferred to a room with a single window. The painful injections or bitter pills are not considerable things anymore. I was set free. The room has a window. I was counting fingers until night falls.

I was so lucky. It was a full moon day again. The moon glitters, glitters and glitters. My movements were examined and recorded by someone. What is the use of caring about them if I have my moon with me?

The moon has not changed. It is always same. I stretched my arms. Then I described what happened to me. The moon was listening to me.

“Look, here, oh, here. Even here see this” I showed my hands, shoulders, back and every place they hit me. The moon became so sad. It hid behind a cloud and wept.

“But please do not get upset. I never want to see your sad face. Please I love you. You know how much I love you.” I feel the rays of the moon infiltrate through the window to soothe me. I let it touch my whole body.

At midnight two attendants came and drag me out of the room and put in the same room where I was kept earlier. I struggled and shouted as much as I could. But they won.

“I need my moon, I need my moon………….”

Asking my freedom I hit my head on iron bars. I tried to break those iron bars to escape. I felt I couldn’t get out of that room. So I decided to shout until I win.

“I nee……..d my moo………………n” I shouted again and again continuously.

The tissues of the throat were torn and damaged. I felt it was bleeding with my saliva.

When attendants knew I was continuing shouting one of them came to me angrily.

“Hey stop idiot!!!”

I looked at him directly.

“Ask your moon from next president!”

“Why did you put me in to this room?”
“Ha! Ha! You will remain the rest of your life in this room. So wait for another soul to see your moon. Now shut the hell and sleep!”

I tried to remove the iron bars.

“Devil!!! What did I do to treat me like this? What did I do????”
He went away.

No one can separate moon from me. The moon belongs to me. It is mine. I never saw any other person who loved moon. These all the people are rude and selfish. I feel my whole body became strong and rigid. Veins of necks and head and hands get tightened. What is the use of living when I cannot see the moon? The life has no value without my moon. I straightened and poked both forefingers to the disappearing attendant along the corridor and stay for a moment that way thinking about my decision. Yes I am correct. So no need to think again. I stabbed suddenly both eyes with my straitened forefingers.

I didn’t count how long I struggled with my pain on the floor. I couldn’t see anything around me.

When I was conscious back the light was something lost from my world. I felt the doctor patted on my shoulder.

“Don’t be so rude. Do you know now what happened to you?”

“Doctor…..I always…tried to say……..” I needed to say the moon is the only thing I love in this world and it is the only thing loves me. But my throat didn’t allow me to say it.

“I know, I will never see my moon again”




















© Copyright 2006 ravana (ravana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1084683-The-Moon