*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1085364-The-American-Dream
Rated: E · Essay · History · #1085364
Stresses the basics of the American Dream in which we as Americans have lost sight of.
The American Dream

When we were children, we were encouraged to dream about our futures. Who we would be, where we would go, what we would be doing. Dream big! Dream small! Just dream. It is because of the dreams of our forefathers and ancestors that we, as Americans, have the privileges, freedoms, hopes, and promises of a brighter tomorrow. But those things didn’t come without a price. A price that caused many throughout history pain and grief, and in some cases, their lives and the lives of their loved ones. A historical loss which brought glory and honor to their names and gave life to our beautiful America as she is still thriving and growing today.. It is by their examples that we have learned to stand firm for what we believe, to be faithful to our cause no matter what the cause may be, and to fight diligently to protect the things we value as an individual, as a family, and as a society. It is our forefathers whose whispers influence us, as they haunt us on through out our each and everyday. You can hear their voices calling softly in the wind, chanting the words “Follow your heart” again and again. You can feel their warmth and inspiration in the sun as their words melt into your heart, igniting a fire that consumes your very soul urging you to be more than who or what you are today. And that is the very essence of the American Dream as we know it. To be all that you can be. To follow your heart. To fulfill your every dream. To stand with Integrity and pride for your land, your values, and your people. I urge you, as Americans to go back to the days of your childhood and once again allow yourselves to become consumed in a perfect time and place that rests in each of our hearts and minds. Dare to dream. Dare to be different than your neighbor. Go above and beyond those standards set by your peers and loved ones and grasp onto the wisdom and sanctity of a new tomorrow.
Live each and every moment as though it is your last. Be brave in your uniqueness. Be steadfast in your moral. And above all, Be true to yourself. The American Dream isn’t defined by one person, nor by any particular group. For each has it‘s own set of definitions thereof. Whether it is being a teacher who fills the minds of our youngsters full of knowledge, or a state employee keeping our road ways clear of trash and debris, all are a part of us and of our dream to function as one nation who is able to maintain individuality, yet stands as one unit.. Each job, each employee, each soul within this land is an integral part of what sets us apart from other countries. It‘s more than a feeling. And more than any truth one shall know throughout their entire lifetime. The American Dream is you and I. It is the stories of our victories, our triumphs, and in the end, our destiny.
We are not forced to learn. We are not forced to love. We are not forced to worship. These are things that we choose. They do not choose us. They have not been chosen for us. The American Dream is our God-given right to be anything we choose to be. To follow any path we choose to follow. It is our choice to be who we choose to become. America, awaken from your slumber! Allow yesterday’s dreams of the promised land that were sought with persistence and determination by those before us, to become reality today. Dream Big! Dream small! Just dream!
© Copyright 2006 Lauren Keller (frances at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1085364-The-American-Dream