*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1085996-Oak-Ridge-Kennel-Club-Press-Release
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1085996
Press release sent out to local media announcing upcomming dog shows.
Press Release of local Kennel Club’s Upcomming Dog Show – May 2005

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE


FROM: Oak Ridge Kennel Club
129 Evergreen Ln.
Knoxville, TN 37918

CONTACT: XXX XXX, president
(XXX) XXX-XXXX

The Oak Ridge Kennel Club will hold two AKC licensed, all breed conformation and obedience dog shows on Saturday May 28th and Sunday May 29th. The shows will be held at the East Tennessee Agricultural Exposition Center, located at 276 Patton Lane in Harriman, TN, and will last from 8 am to 7 pm each day.

The public is welcome to attend. Admission and parking are free. Breeders will be available to answer any questions about their dogs. Vendors will also be onsite, offering pet supplies and gifts. Visitors are invited to take part in a raffle and silent auction, with proceeds benefiting the Roane County Humane Society.

One of the oldest community organizations in Oak Ridge, the Oak Ridge Kennel Club was formed in 1945. It held its first AKC licensed dog show in 1949. The spring shows, held annually in late May, attract dogs from across the eastern United States. Last year’s entry included approximately 600 dogs on each day, with over 100 breeds represented.

Conformation shows are probably the most recognizable type of dog show. In a show, dogs compete against each other to determine which best exemplifies the breed standard. The Westminster Kennel Club dog show, televised annually, is the most famous conformation show. On the other hand, during an obedience trial, dogs and handlers perform several different exercises, such as retrieving and going over jumps on command. Teams that perform with the most precision earn ribbons and titles.

Directions: Take I-40 to exit 347 (Harriman exit). Turn left onto US Highway 27. Go two miles and turn left onto TN 382. Go one mile to Roane State Community College. Pass the college entrance and turn right into the Expo Center.

-Wendy M. Smith
PR Representative
ORKC

© Copyright 2006 SpoildRotE (wmsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1085996-Oak-Ridge-Kennel-Club-Press-Release