*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1086728-The-Night
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Magnex
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1086728
the hope ful beginning of a tale about a boy who will soon learn of his destiny
"What’s that smell?” the boy said as he awakened when he opened his eyes at first. It was a blur but then he saw it as clear as day he saw a flame. As if it was dancing in front of him he jumped up not knowing what to do. The first thing that instantly came to his head was his family where were they, were they hurt is they trapped. He looked around the flame had enclosed him in his room. He didn’t know where to go or what to do. Then he saw it the window. He knew that was his only way out. So he took the glass of water next to his bed and poured over the sheets then he wrapped the sheet around him and he ran for the window then jumped "clash. "He felt the hit against the window the glass suddenly giving away he felt gravity pulling down on him he suddenly stiffened up and closed his eyes ready to take the fall, but someone grabbed him and gently brought him to the ground. It happened so fast that he didn’t know what had happened. He opened his eyes and was shocked to see that he was on the ground with no thud no nothing. Then he was snapped out of his daze by someone calling his "Aros." he heard followed by several coughs he stood up and ran to the voice it was his grandmother he saw them both with soot. Aros ran to his mother but as soon as he got to her she collapsed “wake up” Aros said. “C’mon mom please wake up” but there was no answer. Aros looked around everything was covered in flames. “How could an entire village just break out in a fire.” Aros thought. Aros looked to the sky and saw a large shadowy figure eclipsing the moon with its large widespread wings. Then the shadow’s hand began to shine an orange red color it looked like “Fire!” Aros thought aloud. “Was that what caused the house to catch fire. Then the shadow shot a stream of fire straight at Aros. Aros closed his eyes waiting for the attacking silently wondering “Why”. “Boom!” A loud sound came Aros opened his eyes to see his grandmother blocking the attack “Don’t Move” Aros’s grandmother said cautiously. Aros saw the magical barrier his grandmother was making. Then Aros noticed his grandmother was starting to weaken “How long could she hold this up” he thought. Then a large stream of water appeared from nowhere and hit the shadow dead on. The shadow’s wings began to retract as he plummeted to the ground. But just as fast as he hit the ground he rose up a large gaping hole in his chest was showing. Then hole filled in and the shadow was complete again. The shadow began to walk closer to Aros his grandmother and his still unconscious mother. As the shadow got closer it grew warm. The closer it got to Aros and his family the warmer it felt. Then the beast raised one of its sharp taloned hands. Aros’s grandmother made two large fists and charged at the monster shadow. With a thrust of her fist she punched the monster seemingly with all her might but the attack did nothing. With a swing of his arm the monster knocked Aros’s grandmother into the wall of one of the few houses the fire hadn’t reached yet. Then the monster continued his steady walk till he finally reached Aros. The monster raised his large hand and grabbed Aros’s head effortlessly raising him in the air. Aros and the monster were looking at each other eye to eye. The monster opened his mouth and let out a loud roar right in Aros’s face. Fear struck Aros’s heart and spit struck his face he kept wondering Was he going to die over and over again The monster raised his other taloned arm ready to strike. Then a stream of water attacked the monster just like before the monster dropped Aros but as Aros fell one of the monster’s talons scratched Aros’s right cheek. The stream of water continued to attack the monster. Then a large stranger dressed in a black cloak appeared from the shadows. The cloaked stranger charged at the monster with a sword in one hand and some sort of small blue ball in the other. With a first slash then a second and a third the creature began to fall then the stranger used the blue ball and it began to release ice freezing the creature. “Was it all over was the monster finally defeated” Aros thought. Sadly no the monster ice sculpture quickly melted the monster used another ball like the stranger except the monsters was red. In an instant the monster was engulfed stretched its wings and flew off with the large red ball in his hand. This was too much for Aros to take and in an instant he fainted.
“Aros please wake up.” A familiar voice said. With a loud scream Aros had awoken. “Grandma” Aros said with relief. “What happened, where are we.” Aros asked. “Calm down were in the village inn. Know you should probably get some rest.” Grandma said. “But one more thing I need to ask ”What happened to mom.” Aros asked. “Your mother is very sick.” Aros’s grandma said closing here eyes holding back tears. “Isn’t there something you can do you are a witch so can’t you find a spell to help her out.” Aros asked. “I’m sorry but there is no spell for.” Then Aros’s grandmother suddenly stopped. “For what grandma”. Aros pleaded he stared at his grandma and then it hit him. In one night something destroyed his home, almost took his life and his grandmothers and destroyed his mother. But what hit Aros the most was that he knew that same thing that almost destroyed everything he knew and loved was still out there and might come back.
© Copyright 2006 Magnex (bwritor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1086728-The-Night