*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1087013-The-Spirit
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1087013
A couple runs into trouble when they disturb the dead.
On a dark and stormy night, a couple on a weekend getaway stops at a some what deserted hotel. It’s around 11pm. They pull in and park the car. There only a few cars in the whole football field size parking lot. The walk up to the front desk and ring the bell for service. A tall tan man comes around from the back in a red suit.



"May I help you?" The man asks.
"Ah, yes we would like to rent a room." Says Bill.
"Your names, phone number and current address" Says the man.
"Bill and May Sandrew, Phone numbers is 978-832-1820, and are current address is 15 Long Rd. Buckstown New York.” Says Bill
“Thank you "Says the man as he hands them the key to room 182.


Bill and May walk up the stairs since the elevators out of order. The get to their room open the door and it’s freezing and trashed. They call room service. The have the room spotless and warm by 2 am. Bill and May crawl in bed and go to sleep.



At 4 am there sheets are ripped of the bed. They both wake up fast. The see bloody words forming on the wall. "LEAVE MY HOME NOW OR PAY". Bill and May are scared to death but they get the covers and go to sleep.



The wake up at 6 am. They gather their things and check out. They are driving down route 66.When the heat of the pavement pops a tire. The change the tire and decide to check out the sites. Their just walk and bill trips over something. He looks at what it is. A human skeleton still half rotted. Suddenly the bones start to shake. They both gasp. Just then a small rabbit comes out of the bones.



It dug a whole and called it home under the bones. Bill and May Both Laugh. They walk back to the car. Bill drinks what’s left of his water and throws the bottle in the back seat.



"The next town is not for another 50 miles.” Says May.
”Don’t worry well be there soon." Said Bill.

He starts the car and starts to drive away. They arrive at the small mining town at around 8 pm. They find a small motel that’s next to a closed mining tunnel.



They go in and rent a room as they walk to the room they hear a voice. "I warned you now you must pay!” said a deranged voice. Just then a figure with glowing red eyes lunges at bill but his side steps and it Strikes May. May collapses to the floor. Bill crouches down and helps her up.



She gets a strange smile. Bill wonders why. He couldn't see her eyes were now red. The spirit had taken over her. The go to bed and around 2 am May gets up. She quietly gets a hunting knife from Bills bag. She opens the door and goes into another room.



An old man is sleeping she raises the knife above her head and slams it right through his skull. His eyes fall out due to the knife cutting them free. There’s blood all over the walls. And starting to pool on the floor.



She steals a few things from the room including a 5 carrot ring. She washes her bloody hands in his sink. Leaving the knife in his skull. She goes back to her room and kisses bill and goes back to sleep.



They wake up and have coffee. Bill couldn't find his knife. He just shrugs it off thinking he forgot it in the car. They walk out of the room and in the hall it’s swarming with police and the old man it carried out of the room knife still in the skull.



They check out put their luggage in the trunk. May starts up the car as they head to Dallas. When they get there at 3pm they check in at an expensive hotel. Bill couldn't figure out where May had gotten all the money.



He knew she used to make Crystal Meth but he knew she stopped. He thought she just stashed the money. They when out shopping buying a gun for there safety. A bird pellet Shotgun that had a silencer that cost $4000.



When everyone at the hotel was sleeping May sprung in to action. She drugged Bills coffee killing him. Then she went to the bathroom and puked up blood. The evil spirit in her was taking over. May tried to resist but the spirit was too strong. She tried to call the police but the spirit wouldn't let her.



At night she was forced to kill another few people. In the morning she was just about to leave the hotel in a trench coat hiding the shot gun inside. Two police Officers tried stopping her there were snipers on a building, they knew they had their killer.



She took out the shotgun just as she was about to kill the cops. Two shots rang out through the streets when it was over six people were dead the two cops and may were all dead the spirit left her body satisfied.



The End.
© Copyright 2006 ~Tim~Woelfel~ (timwoelfel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1087013-The-Spirit