*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1087110-Fangs-and-Blood--A-Vampire-Story
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #1087110
Ongoing novel about a vampire Trinity Raven. Age 13+ for some adult language.
*Balloon6*Prologue - The Vampire *Balloon6*

                    I walked next to the road on a sidewalk that was cracked and decrepit with age. Both it and the street had long gashes from overuse and substantial neglect, and grass and weeds were poking through. The moon, a perfectly round yellow orb, was unequivocally huge tonight and its luminescence lit every nook and cranny; even the darkest of alleys was at least dimly lit. The black clouds painted a mural on the star filled night sky, casting intimidating shadows on the sides of nearby buildings, despite the street lamps positioned every here and there. It was great to be able to be out at night again, doing as I please. I loved the nighttime; it made me feel so alive. That’s a rather powerful feeling for a vampire such as myself.
                    I was so deep in thought while I was walking that I almost didn’t realize a shadow moving for a split second in the alley across the street from where I was standing. I immediately stopped walking and glared directly at where the shadow had just been. A little to the left, I saw there was a human boy, maybe about 15 or 16, hiding between the dumpster and the wall. I glided over to him, supernaturally fast and gracefully, and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. I wrenched him out of his hiding place with almost no effort and held him up so he was at my eye level. I looked him straight in the eyes. He looked away almost instantly; I could smell the fear on him, and this drew me to him even more. A vampire’s stare is easily one of the scariest things on this planet, and it’s not something that can be easily explained, one reason being that most people who receive the stare don’t live to talk about it. When you look directly into a vampire’s eyes all of the happiness around you dissolves into nothingness. All you can feel is an utmost sense of depression and despair weighing you down, pushing you farther away from consciousness. More than a few seconds of a vampire’s stare can easily make even the strongest mortal go insane. The stare drains all of the happiness out of a being, leaving them only with sorrow and desolation, but in order for it to work, the being has to have some happiness hidden away somewhere. The dejected aren’t affected in the least.
                    “You know the punishment for being out after curfew.” I talked slowly and deliberately, which added to my overall frightening presence. At this simple statement, his eyes grew wide as saucers and he started shaking. I chuckled to myself; I loved having so much power. “I’m in a good mood tonight, so I’ll let you go.” When I released his shirt he collapsed against the dumpster out of relief. Once he gained his balance he stood there staring for a second. “You know, you're lucky I found you instead of another vampire.” Having somewhat recently been turned into a vampire I still had a sense of mercy; one of the few that still had any regard for human life. When he still didn’t move I said, “You’d better run along before one of my friends come along,” I smiled malevolently, showing my glistening fangs, “They're much more bloodthirsty than I am.” At that he took off. I laughed because I’d never seen a mortal run so fast. Well, that and the fact that they seemed to run so uncoordinatedly; he looked absolutely ridiculous to me.
                    I returned to the main road and continued walking. My house loomed ahead, next to the rest of the vampire dwellings. All of us vampires lived right at the north edge of town. Most of us were satisfied here, but it’s not like we had much of a choice. The mortals in this town were so terrified of us that we had strict regulations that were introduced around six years ago; the Vampire Act, I think it was called. In it was stated the regulations for every aspect of any type of encounter between mortal and preternatural beings, along with restrictions on what we can't do. But I digress...
                    My house was quite big; much larger than an average sized house. Victorian style, maybe...but now that I think about it, I’m not quite sure. Well, anyway, it looks like a small castle fortress, and it was easily the largest of all the surrounding dwellings. I smiled as I pictured how all the mortals gave it such a wide berth. When I looked at it again I saw that it was fairly foreboding - all windows boarded up, gargoyles on every turret; not to mention the spiked, cast-iron, ten-foot-tall fence around the periphery of our property. Shrugging, I kept walking. I reached the front gate and stood in front of it. It was an intricate design; heartagrams, bats, and demons all entwined. On either side of the gate were two huge stone gargoyles with bright, shimmering emeralds for eyes.
                    A green light suddenly came from the gargoyles’ eyes. This light was the SoulScann8900. Yeah, real original name. Someone got big bucks for this one. Anyway, the SoulScanner just scans for the presence of an immortal soul. Vampires, as you may already know, have a soul very different from that of a mortal. The SoulScanner helps keep mortals out of our lairs, though it’s not like that’s a big problem, seeing as most humans are too afraid to even come within 100 feet of us, let alone enter our dwellings. The light vanished as quickly as it had appeared and the gates slowly, and loudly, unlatched and creaked open just enough for me to squeeze through. Once I was through, they clanked closed.
                    I walked up to the main doors. Here’s another way we keep humans out; each door weighs roughly seven- or eight-hundred pounds. No problem for a vampire; big problem for a mortal. Even if they could somehow lift that much, it’s much harder to try to slide it two feet back with no footholds or anything of that sort to grab on to.
                    In the main room I called out to see if anyone was home. No response. *They must be out for a bite to eat...* I laughed at myself for how asinine that unintentional pun was, then plopped down onto the couch, lying down with one leg over the back. I yawned, took out a nail file, and started to file my supernaturally shiny nails. Most of the time, a disguised vampire’s nails gives him away, but I usually have mine covered in black nail polish; a lingering habit of my mortal life.

                    Well, I guess this would be a good time to tell you a little about myself. My name’s Trinity Raven, I have long black hair, I’m 5’ 6”, and I’m Goth like most of the vampires around today. There are still some of the old-fashioned ones nowadays, wandering around in the fashions of the 1700s, but they are very few and far between, and are usually ancients.
                    As for me, I’ve only been undead for a short while, seven months, but I already love it. You might not think of seven months as a short time, but keep in mind I’m immortal. I’ll live hundreds of years like all the other vampires, and most other preternatural beings for that matter, unless I were to be stabbed in the heart with a wooden stake or caught in direct sunlight. These mythical remedies fail to affect the older vampires, though, so they are almost impossible to kill. The only surefire way to kill an ancient, or any extremely powerful vampire for that matter, is to burn them and then scatter their ashes. If the ashes aren’t scattered, the smallest drop of blood could bring them back to life.
                    So, in retrospect, seven months is like a mere second. Then again, a lot has happened...
                    So now I bet you’re wondering two things: how did I become a vampire, and what happened in the past seven months that was so important? Am I right? Well, make yourself comfortable as I begin my story. Let’s start with the simpler of the two subjects; how I became a vampire. The just of it was I saved a vampire from the sunlight and let him stay in my house until dark. At this time I was 16, obviously still living at my parents’ house, and very obsessed with vampires. As odd as it sounds, I had always wanted to be a vampire.




*Balloon6*Chapter 1 - Newly Embraced *Balloon6*

                    It was almost sunrise on a mid-summer day, and the townspeople were just starting to peek out of their homes. With no vampires in sight, they started their day. Carts were wheeled out into the street and the scene started to look like an old-fashioned bazaar, seemingly out of place in the beginning years of the 21st century.
                    Well, a vampire had been out that night and had lost track of time. I saw him early that morning out of the living room window at my house, and I had watched him sit by the small moonlit lake that bordered the south end of town. Presently, I was sitting in my front yard under the willow tree I refused to let my parents cut down. He had apparently just realized the time, and I saw him start sprinting almost too fast for my eyes to see, followed shortly by the sound of a profanity floating through the still air. Unfortunately for the vampire, he had only gotten about 20 meters before the sun peeked over the horizon and cast a blood-red glow upon him. He stopped suddenly, coincidentally right in front of my house, as almost all vampires lose their supernatural powers to even the smallest ray of sun, and his skin started turning black and smoldering. My eyes grew wide as I saw smoke rising off him.
                   The townspeople in the area saw their chance to wreak revenge on a Supernatural; they all grabbed whatever wooden object lay within reach and formed a semicircle around him, blocking his path to get away. He backed up towards me, as that was the only direction he could go, and I could see he was clearly in pain. Here, I saw my chance to help him.
                   I jumped up and ran behind him to the front door of my house, where I wrenched the door open and yelled for him to run towards me. He stumbled in my direction, now blinded by the sun and the smoke around him, and when he was within reach I grabbed his arm and pulled him inside. I closed the door just as he would have been hit with the stakes. Almost immediately his skin turned its normal pale color and regained its unnatural pallor, after which he held the door closed against the townspeople so that I could latch it. I leaned against the door, panting a bit from the adrenaline rush, and smiling slightly at the angry yells of the people on the other side of the door; yelling for me to send ‘that worthless rat’ out for them to take care of.
                   I looked at him and was watching him fix his shirt cuffs and brush himself off, when he apparently realized my stare and turned towards me. He looked me straight in the eye, and when I didn’t flinch or show any reaction whatsoever, he seemed to smile the slightest bit; I thought I saw his lip curl up the tiniest bit at the end, but it could have been just a trick of the light.
                   I moved away from the door and towards the stairs leading down as I told him he could stay until dusk if he wanted to. Here, he did smile, and followed me. At the far end of the basement was a hidden door that even my parents didn’t know about; it led to what I had made into my private haven, where I went when I basically wanted to disappear. I slid away a picture on the wall and pushed a pressure point behind it, causing a small hidden panel to slide open and reveal a keypad. I typed in my code and the wall immediately to the right of the keypad slid open noiselessly.
                   We both quickly went in and the hidden door slid shut behind us, latching with a slightly audible click. I loved this room, and I could see the vampire was intrigued by it. My room was decorated almost like a dungeon, complete with chains, candles, and a decorative coffin. But, of course, the seating was much more comfortable and it was much more welcoming than a dungeon. I sat down on the antique-looking four-poster bed in the corner and watched the vampire as he examined my computer with apparent amazement before sitting down in the desk chair.
                   As soon as he sat down I bombarded him with questions. I learned his name was Tristen and he was of the Darkmoon coven, the most violent and bloodthirsty vampire coven. In between my questions, Tristen inquired about me and mortal life. As we talked a while, I also learned that Tristen was over 300 years old and was 20 years old when he was Embraced, or made into a vampire. Furthermore, he told me that his sire, Phoenix, was also of the Darkmoon coven.
                   Later, in the afternoon, we had both run out of questions and Tristen was wandering around my room, enthralled by the slightest bit of technology. I watched him for awhile, but then grew bored. When he saw the TV in the corner, I turned it on and he jumped backwards out of surprise. He then saw my game unit and I offered to teach him how to play videogames. This was really a sight to see, and I couldn’t help laughing; Tristen was so intrigued by the game controller, and completely blown away by the whole concept. This kept him occupied, and me amused, for the rest of the day.
                   Soon, the last rays of the sun disappeared over the horizon. I left my hidden room and went to find my parents. I discovered them both in their room, engrossed in some TV game show. I went back to the basement and let Tristen know it was safe to come out, and he followed me to the front door. I opened it as quietly as possible, because I knew my parents would kill me if I went out after dark with vampires all over. Tristen walked through the doorway ahead of me, and I stood on the front stoop and said goodbye. Before he left, he thanked me and said he would owe me a favor for saving his life. As he was turning to leave, I stopped him and said I wanted to be a vampire.
                   He slowly spun around and walked back to me, smiling, and put one hand on the side of my face. He wrapped his other arm around my waist.
                   “Are you sure?” he whispered in my ear. I entwined my arms in his, my hands resting on his shoulders, and nodded slowly. He pulled my hair to one side, in front of my shoulder, and then pulled me close to him. I felt his warm breath on my neck. “Don’t be scared...it won't hurt for long,” he whispered. I was about to be reply when I felt his fangs in my neck.
                   All of a sudden my veins were on fire and everything was spinning. I closed my eyes tightly to avoid feeling sick, but I couldn’t stop my mind from reeling. My body grew weaker and weaker, and my hands fell from their positions on his shoulders. All sounds were drowned momentarily, and then all I could hear was my heartbeat, loud in my ears, grow steadily quieter and slower. Just as I thought this sensation would never end, I felt something warm drip onto my lips, followed by the pressure of his wrist and a distant word being repeated, “Drink...drink...”
                   Immediately I could feel my strength, and more, coursing back through my body. I put both of my hands on his arm as I drank; his blood was like liquid fire! And now I felt it flowing throughout my own veins, merging with the small amount of my blood that remained. As he pulled his wrist away my eyes opened. The first thing I realized was that I was in his arms as he was kneeling on the ground smiling, almost boyishly.
                   “And now comes the worst part,” he said softly as he stood up, leaving me on the ground. Within seconds my body started to convulse involuntarily. The pain was tremendous, and I could feel my body writhing on the rough cement walkway. It seemed my torment lasted an hour, but, in reality, was only a few minutes. When it was all over, I lay there, still, breathing heavily, with my eyes closed. When I opened them, I saw Tristen standing over me with an extended hand. I took it and he helped me up. My body felt virtually weightless. Tristen was amused by how much I was amazed by the smallest things now; new, unexplainable colors jumped out at me, sounds from the city miles away floated to my ears, and how my skin was slowly turning paler and gaining the characteristic, unnatural luminescence of a vampire.
                   “Come, there is much to see,” he said to me. These simple words amazed me. They sounded...so different. I couldn’t figure it out until I realized he hadn’t moved his lips when he spoke them! But, how could that be possible? He laughed as I grew more perplexed, and explained that a new vampire and their sire would always have a special connection through the blood exchange, and therefore could communicate with each other mentally. He also explained that if a vampire was in trouble, every vampire would hear a sort of distress signal in the back of their mind. I was utterly amazed by all of this. And, he added, not only was there a mental connection between vampires, but also with humans and other creatures. Mind reading came naturally to most of the Supernaturals and mortals had no way of blocking their minds against us.
                   He smiled and started walking away and I quickly turned and followed. He told me we would walk mortal pace so I could get used to my new eyesight, but I barely heard him. I was so transfixed with everything; and not just the sights, but the sounds and smells...everything was so wonderful! I felt just like a kid in a candy shop.
                   As we continued down the path, Tristen spotted two women loitering in an alley between two buildings. He casually walked over to them and as soon as they saw him they paled and shrank away out of fear; only one kind of being was Goth in this town, and only one type of being walked with so much grace and eloquence. A split-second glance in each of their eyes and the women were like zombies; completely oblivious to everything. Tristen motioned for me to follow him.
                   “Your first victim,” he said simply. I walked up to one of the women as Tristen let her out of her trance. As the woman in front of me saw me approach, she backed up, farther and farther, until her back was against the wall. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her, effortlessly, to me, then cradled her head in my other hand as I began to feed. She started to scream, so I removed my hand from her wrist and pressed my thumb against her vocal cords. We lowered to the ground as the woman’s mouth screamed in silent agony. She fell unconscious and Tristen pulled me away. I could feel her blood throbbing through my veins and it was like no other feeling I have ever felt before, save earlier that night when Tristen had Embraced me. I could sense Tristen’s approval of me as he fed on the other woman. He let the second woman drop near where I had left the first, and I was startled when he looked at me; his eyes were ablaze. It seemed like a whirlpool of colors were swimming around his irises, and I was instantaneously entranced.
                   Then he did something I least expected; he moved close to me and pressed his bloodied, and now warm lips against mine. I was startled, but I slowly relaxed and wrapped my arms around him. We stood there in each other’s arms, when I felt a drop of water fall on my face. I looked up and more drops began to fall; a steady, light rain had begun.
                    “How cliché,” I commented behind a smile. Tristen grinned a little and slipped his arm around my waist. I placed my arm around his shoulders, and we started heading back towards the south end of town to gather my stuff.

                   When we arrived at my house I noticed my parents weren’t home.
                   “Tristen, I thought humans weren’t allowed to be out after dark or they’d be fair game for vampires.”
                   “Normally that’s true,” Tristen explained, “But when someone is discovered missing, in this case you, the police can be called, and will accompany the search. People are safe amongst police officers at night because the penalty for attacking an officer is death.”
                   “Well, that works out well. Since my parents aren’t home we can grab some of my stuff,” I said as I opened the front door. Tristen followed me inside. First we stopped in the basement, where I grabbed some boxes, then we entered my secret room. We packed up my computer, TV, and game stuff, and then went up to my actual bedroom where I packed up my clothes, along with various knick-knacks. “I think that’s everything,” I said as I glanced around my room. We picked up the few boxes and left my house, heading for the north end of town.
                   “Hey, uh, Tristen...Where are we going?” I inquired when we were near the middle of town.
                   “We’re going to Darkmoon Gallows, the Darkmoon coven’s dwelling. You belong to our coven, now, you know.”
                   We continued walking, mortal pace because we didn’t want to damage my stuff, and finally arrived at Darkmoon Gallows. At the front gate I had my first encounter with the SoulScanner, and Tristen chuckled at my childlike curiosity as I watched the gargoyles, transfixed. After dropping my things off in a vacant room on the second floor, we returned to the marble staircase leading back down to the main room. Here, I half-smiled at Tristen and slid down the banister as he laughed.
                   At the bottom I nearly collided with five solemn looking vampires that had seemingly appeared out of thin air.
                   “Trinity,” Tristen started speaking, now at the bottom of the stairway, “This is Will, Acro, Phoenix, Damien, and Wolfe.” As he said each of their names, they bowed their head slightly in a quick nod. “And this is Trinity,” he said to all of them. I felt a little uncomfortable around all of them because they were all so stone-faced and emotionless. Sensing my anxiety, Tristen said to me “Don’t worry; they’ll all lighten up once they get to know you.”
                   “Introductions aside, have you gone over the rules yet, Tristen?” Damien questioned.
                   “Not yet,” Tristen responded. “I plan to soon, though.” Damien nodded at the reply, then turned and headed towards a hallway at the far end of the main room. The other vampires followed, and I gave Tristen a questioning look. I heard a thought echo in my head *It’s almost sunrise,* and felt Tristen’s arm slide around my waist. We followed the rest of the vampires through the hallway and down a spiral stone staircase that ended in what seemed like a solid stone wall. Another SoulScanner was located here, and after the emerald light came and went, the stone moved aside to reveal a pitch-black cellar. Despite the darkness, I could see perfectly; there were six marble coffins arranged on the floor. Wolfe went into an adjacent room and dragged in another coffin, its marble face shining despite the lack of light in the room, and set it down near the other six. With that, we all climbed into our respectful coffins and settled down to sleep. I expected sleep to evade me, as my mind was still buzzing, but, surprisingly, I fell asleep rather quickly. Thus ended my first night as a vampire.
Chapter 2 - Idea
                   Interesting anecdote, eh? Now, as for what events took place in the past seven months...hmm, where should I begin? At the beginning I suppose...
                   Well, my second night of being a vampire, there was a town meeting of all the Supernaturals. Every resident vampire, along with KuuSusi•, sorcerers, and other magical beings in the area, was required to attend. Here, I was informed of all the rules and restrictions. There had to be a list at least ten pages long on the damn rules we had to follow! I have never been one to follow rules, so this packet of regulations was an unwelcome surprise. Jokingly, I turned to Tristen and said: “Doesn’t everyone get tired of all these rules?”
                   “None of us like them, but we have to follow them or else we are killed,” he answered.
                   “So why don’t the vampires just overthrow the human government? Then there would be a lot less restrictions for us and other Supernaturals. Plus, aren’t vampires superior to humans in every way? And if we were to team up with other immortals, who would there be to stop us?” As soon as I finished talking one of the elder vampires of the town began to speak.
                   “We are not about to listen to another child.” He spoke slowly and deliberately with a raspy voice that reminded me of sandpaper rubbing on wood. I flinched the slightest bit as he continued, “The last two times we listened to a child such as yourself, overly eager and too full of half-brained ideas, the population of immortals in and around this town was almost completely wiped out. So rid yourself of any frivolous notions you may have stored away, because they will not be taken seriously here.” I was a considerably offended and slightly incensed after the elder’s short speech. I stood up and looked straight at him.
                   “I am not a child, I am not overly eager, and I do not harbor half-brained ideas. While I am obviously not an equal to most of you present here, I refuse to be treated like an inferior being and with such contempt. And do you want to know why you couldn’t pull off a successful takeover? All of you are at fault because you decided to listen to ignorant imbeciles that had no clue what they were doing, hence had no chance in hell of leading a revolt. Don’t even try to tell me that is untrue, because I am a lot smarter and much more aware of the immortal community than you give me credit for. In order to efficaciously execute a takeover, one has to do research; find out the government’s secrets and secret weapons, and then create a plan accordingly. One would also have to employ the help of allies because there would be no hope of achieving absolute power over humans without them. A successful takeover requires actual written-out plans, ample knowledge of major factors, including time and firepower, and most imperative of all, a competent leader who knows what they are doing. I know that I can adequately and effectively lead a revolt and help the immortals to overthrow the human government. Whether you decide to trust me and give me a chance is your choice.” As I said my last statement, I crossed my arms and sat back down with an air of indifference. The elder seemed to consider what I said in the dead silence that followed my tirade.
                   “You bring forth a convincing argument. Fine; we will grant you the chance you desire.” He sat back in his seat, seemingly a little exasperated, and put his hands on his head as if he had a migraine. Slowly, the congregation of immortals drifted off their own ways and the crowd dissolved. Wolfe rose to leave and the rest of the Darkmoon coven followed suit. Outside, I turned to Tristen and asked him if the elder was serious or if he was just saying that to silence me.
                   “I’m pretty sure he was serious,” he answered thoughtfully. “None of the other attempted takeovers had a leader that even remotely sounded like they knew what they were doing, what they were up against, or even what leading a revolt encompassed. If he didn’t believe there was at least a slight chance of you succeeding, he wouldn’t have given in.”
                   I smiled. Now we were walking past my parents’ house, and I saw them in the living room window, watching and looking extremely worried. I told Tristen I would meet them all back at Darkmoon Gallows and turned down the path to their house. This made my parents extremely frightened, since they didn’t recognize me, and that made me chuckle a little under my breath. As I neared the front door, they quickly shut the blinds and I heard them scuffle over to the door.
                   I reached out for the doorknob, and as soon as I tried to turn it my hand burned and started smoking. Withdrawing my hand as quickly as possible, I remembered I had read somewhere that vampires can’t enter someone else’s home without an invitation. *Goddammit that hurt!* I thought as I rubbed my already-healed hand.

                   “Mom, dad, it’s me, Trinity.” I had a hint of annoyance in my voice.
                   They opened the door the slightest crack and then flung it open when they saw me. Both of them stood there gaping for a minute until my mom burst into tears.
                   “Look what they’ve done to you...” she sobbed.
                   “Mom, it’s what I wanted,” At this she was almost too shocked to remember her own anguish. “Can I come in?”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


                   By the time I had finished explaining the story my mom had stopped crying. I conveniently left out the part about wanting to enslave the human race. I thought that would be too much for tonight and make my already unstable parents do something rash.
                   My dad spoke for the first time since I’d been here tonight, “So...so that’s it? You're one of them now?”
                   “Yeah.” I though for a second about how I wanted to word the next part. “Face it, I was miserable here. That’s why I originally turned Goth; kind of as a rebellion. You guys were too oppressive and I couldn’t stand it. There were rules for everything. I’m surprised you didn’t have rules for breathing. You were smothering me. I had absolutely no freedom, and was not allowed to have a will of my own. I was expected to obey without question, like my little sister; just a mindless slave bowing to your every whim.” Anger and resentment were running through my veins now, fueling the animosity I felt for my parents. “And mom, everything had to be perfect for you; everything had to be done the right way the first time with no allowance for mistakes, and I was expected to be perfect; a mirror-image of your egotistical vision of yourself. Well, newsflash, I’m not perfect. I never will be, and frankly I don’t give a damn. But, you see, amongst the vampires I found some people who accept me, or at least one person that accepts me, for who I am and who I choose to be and doesn’t expect anything out of me. And among them, I don’t feel like I’m just someone’s problem; a constant reminder of everything you’re not and how perfect you both are; how incredibly and irreparably flawed I am; just here for the sake of being everyone’s scapegoat so no one has to deal with their problems. And with the immortals I feel that I belong somewhere; somewhere that I’m not bound to out of hate.”
                   “Trinity, we don’t hate you, we never did.” My mom was on the verge of tears again. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, leaning back on the couch.
                   “Yeah, well, it sure felt like it.” I glanced at the clock. “I have nothing more to say to you. I have to go. They’re waiting for me back at our dwelling and I have my things to unpack.” I stood up. Right as I laid my hand on the doorknob, my mom stopped me.
                   “Will you at least tell us where you're living now?”
                   “Darkmoon Gallows,” I said with a shrug. My parents were speechless for the second time that night.
                   “The Darkmoon Gallows? That’s...that’s...”
                   “The most vicious and bloodthirsty coven of them all.” I cut my mom off, then smiled malevolently, “Yup. Perfect for me. Well, I’m leaving now. Maybe I’ll see you around, though it might be better for you if I didn’t come around here anymore. After all, I am a vampire now.” I said the last part as somewhat of a threat, with an intentionally taunting smile revealing my fangs, then left.
                   I left my parents standing, awestruck and dismayed, in the open doorway. *Damn that felt good* I thought to myself, then sighed contentedly. I’d never had the guts to say that to their faces for fear of being kicked out with nowhere to go. Now that I had somewhere to go I could say whatever I wanted. Plus they wouldn’t want to piss me off because I could have my vampire buddies down there in a split second; at least I thought they were my buddies...Anyhow, I knew I could count on Tristen if I needed help. *Life is good...*
                   I got back to Darkmoon Gallows and couldn’t locate anyone, so I slunk up to the room we had put my stuff in earlier and started unpacking. That bored me rather quickly, so I decided to hook my computer up. Once it was up and running, I grabbed a notebook from one of the open boxes next to the desk and sat down at the computer while opening up Google. I searched as many government sites as I could for information about their anti-vampire weapons for at least an hour before I found one that looked promising.
                   “Yes! Perfect! ‘The Government Database of Anti-Immortal Weapons.’ ...Oh fuck...Come on!” It turns out the one site, out of about a thousand, that was exactly what I was looking for, was the only site guarded with a password. Sighing, I got up and grabbed a dictionary. “There’s a pretty good chance their password is in the dictionary...Let’s hope I’m correct in my assumption.”
                   The moon set slowly, its soft illuminating rays leaving the raven colored sky. I figured that was enough for the night, so I bookmarked the online search page and turned the open dictionary upside-down on the desk to save my spot. Yawning, I made my way down to the cellar where I discovered Tristen, Will, Acro, Phoenix, Damien, and Wolfe already asleep in their coffins. I lifted the lid on my coffin and slid inside. Laying there amongst the soft red velvet lining, my head on the ebony silk pillow, random thoughts roved around my strangely unsettled mind until sleep finally found me.



*****full story on my site: http://solitaryblackrose.741.com/FangsAndBlood/FangsAndBlood.htm
© Copyright 2006 Raven Darkmoon (drummervamp666 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1087110-Fangs-and-Blood--A-Vampire-Story