*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1087298-Path-to-The-Sun
by Clown
Rated: · Essay · Religious · #1087298
A brief look at intelligence, spirituality and religion.
Path to The Sun

         It seems ironic to me that so many of us will readily say that "money isn't everything" or some such, replacing money with any other material possession, and yet we strive for nothing more than these very things. Money, a spouse, a family, a car, even a bigger house. The list goes on. Of all things that I find pressured upon me, that which is shoved upon me with the most insistence is my education. It is all well and good to have knowledge, do not get me wrong. But I find little reason to place my every last hope in anything of this world. Albert Einstein once said, "Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish." No man is too uneducated or too stupid to be spiritual; likewise no man should regard himself too knowledgeable or intelligent.
         It is one of the great pains of our society that spirituality is often regarded as the obligation of those whose occupation lands them in the church. In our present day, for I will not presume to have insight into the personal thoughts, feelings and beliefs of our predecessors, it is a rarity to find someone who, as an organism and body, has a sense of obligation to his soul. Of those who feel this sense of obligation I am fairly confident that they will agree, to some extent, with my figuratively deeming it one of our senses; the sixth sense. Whether or not a sense for the soul exists I am not sure; however, if it does exist it is quite apparent that some have a sharper sense of it than others. Some of us are still in the womb with our eyelids fused shut, while others of us are struggling to read the highway signs. No matter how well attuned this vision may be in a particular individual, at its minimum it recognizes that there is a light and crawls humbly towards it. It is in this action that those surrounding the individual are brought closer to truth. It is in this action that one finds religion and more specifically, Christianity. I have been asked if I am a religious person and for convenience sake I have often simply replied "yes". The truth is that I see no reason for the term religion at all. I am simply crawling humbly towards the sun of my soul's universe. If seeing is using our eyes then religion is using our souls. It is a great pity that we do not all see the same and that some have better vision than others.
© Copyright 2006 Clown (clown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1087298-Path-to-The-Sun