*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1087721-Thank-You--You-Know-Who-You-Are
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Other · #1087721
A thank-you to whoeveritwas that upgraded my account.
To the dearheart who upgraded my account for me:

I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Not just because I can now put oodles of writing into this site. Not just because it will be easier for other folks to see my stuff, since I'll have more of it up.

No. It's not just about that. It's about art, and the giving spirit that should coincide with the gift of art.

All artists who have the means to do so should help out other strugglers; most of us have employment and STILL can't afford little treasures like this; that doesn't mean that we shouldn't be heard. This person thought that I should be heard, and that's the most important thing that a budding writing-artist should be aware of- it's what keeps us who have harried schedules and screwed-up lives, keeps us willing to keep on slogging through even when we don't have the time, or mental energy, we think, to pick up the pen or turn on the 'puter and get to it.

Thank you, dearly, whoever you are, for showing that you think my voice is important enough to be heard. I appreciate that humbly, and the gift you have given me is like relief on top of respite on top of adrenaline-rush and revitalization. Thank you, so much.

That's all.
© Copyright 2006 macdworkinite (macdworkinite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1087721-Thank-You--You-Know-Who-You-Are