*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1088824-State-of-the-union-address-by-feltpen
Rated: 18+ · Letter/Memo · Political · #1088824
This is a letter from a commom man about the state of our union.
The president addresses the nation. It is time for a regular citizen to address the nation.

Our nation is at war and we have no exit plan. We really do not know what we are doing. Our economy is not as good as the media will let you know.
Society is crumbling right before our eyes and the ecology is a mess.
Our nation is weak and we are unable to find lasting solutions to pressing issues.
Education is underfunded and we farm our jobs overseas for cheap labor sweat shops.
We have a choice, reform and change or fall short of our dreams.

My fellow Americans we need to fund education. We must reduce tax cuts for the rich one percent. We must give teachers liberty on how they run their classes.
We must reduce our oil dependency by alternative forms of energy. This dependency on oil costs us billions every year and drags us into conflicts that otherwise we would not get involved with.

We should have a phased withdrawl from Iraq and a plan to restart Middle East peace talks stalled for far too long. We need to make a great effort to protect our ecology by protecting our forests from logging. We need logging free zones in the forests that one logger can touch.

There are many solutions to many problems and we should world together as a people to find solutions that apply to global problems.

God bless America, thank you all.

Feltpen
© Copyright 2006 feltpen (writersblock1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1088824-State-of-the-union-address-by-feltpen