*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1089215-Some-of-His-Stories
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1089215
The stories of Peter Pan, the Lost boys, I, and Mr. Barrie in the Neverland.
It is often said that a story should be begun from the beginning (which Peter and I have decided makes most sense), but I am most afraid that I am not sure what Peter's beginning quite is since he himself does not really remember it. Nor, does it make sense for me to go writing it out when Mr. Barrie has already done so. So, since I can not give the beginning, I will give a story or two. If you feel though that you really must know the beginning I would advise reading Mr. Barrie's book since he is an authority on the matter.

My first story begins, as do all stories of Peter, like this:

"Once upon a time in a land called Neverland there was a handsome and smart young boy named Peter Pan. Peter lived in the woods of Neverland with his friends and followers, the Lost Boys. Now one of these Lost Boys is called by the name of Tootles and he is quite often getting stuck in his tree. For you see Tootles is very forgetful and he forgets more often than not how to breathe right when going down his tree. Now you see Peter is incredibly impatient and does not enjoy waiting, so one day he began pacing and I do believe he paced down to the roof. Nibs and Curly said they saw his feet but Mr. Barrie concluded that they couldn't have if there were no holes in the ceiling. Mr. Barrie is a very smart man and the interesting thing is that Mr. Barrie is quite an adult in body but very much so a little boy in mind. That is why he still gets to Neverland Peter says. And Peter should know, he is the authority on Neverland, after Mr. Barrie of course who really knows all the stories. Like the story of when Tootles got stuck, which I do believe I was explaining before. That is one of Peter's favorites because he is so smart to figure out that if he simply gives Tootles some berries to calm down and then shows Tootles how to breathe (Peter is the authority on breathing right for trees you know) then Tootles will go through right easily. Tootles ended up inside the tree and Mr. Barrie thought Peter's idea was very bright. That is when Curly and Nibs began the talk of seeing Peter's feet but they often get confused and so maybe they did see feet, but it was actually in their head which Mr. Barrie says is imagining without knowing. Peter most agreed with that. Normally he gets along quite well with Mr. Barrie, especially on the thought of growing up. I am certainly glad Peter is young, as is he. We decided that I wouldn't be able to make his clothes any bigger and since Mother Wendy is no longer here she can not do it either. You see they do not have electricity in Neverland, therefore I could not use a sewing machine, especially not on the leaves and such that his clothes are made out of. Peter rather enjoys electricity though and he often plays with it when he visits me at home. Like the time he taught Nibs how to use the TV remote, I was rather proud of him. He taught so well. I told him if he ever grew up (though I hope he never will) that he would make a splendid teacher. He rather liked that and began telling the Lost Boys about being a teacher and he taught them many more things like breathing right for trees other than their own, catching Pirates when they are quite not so drunk, and many more. We always have a splendid time there and I am always most glad when we catch the Indians and Pirates and not the other way because the big Indian always pokes at me and the Pirates make me dance many jigs with them and that is rather tiring at times. After we catch the Pirates, Smee and I and Mr. Barrie have wonderful teas while Peter, the boys, and other pirates much enjoy their berries and goat's milk (you see berries and goat's milk help them get strong, so we often give the Pirates fish milk because it does not make them as strong and if you ask how to get milk out of a fish I could not say because I have never seen Peter actually do it, I just know he does). Smee is very much so a gentleman when Captain Hook isn't around, Mr. Barrie has taught him well, he is a rather good teacher and he teaches Peter often how to teach although Peter would never admit this. Tootles can be a gentleman as well and so can Peter but Tootles often forgets just like how he forgets to breathe right for his tree and Peter gets impatient and does not act so much like a gentleman or gentleboy as Peter says. Peter will never grow and I am thankful for then he will always be a gentleboy. He would not be near as much fun as a man and Mr. Barrie and I agree he would not be as well liked as a man because he can be cocky. But yes all in all that is the story of Tootles forgetting to breathe. Although Peter much prefers the title Peter Teaches Tootles to Breathe, but as I said he is very much so incredibly cocky."

Then there is the story I like to call "A Special Wednesday" because it just so happens to happen, on a Wednesday.

"Once upon a time in a land called Neverland, which is where all the good stories happen, there was a handsome and smart young boy named Peter Pan and one day he and his friends the Lost Boys decided to hunt the Pirates. You see it was a Wednesday and it was a special Wednesday because we decided to celebrate Peter's birthday although he did not grow older. Peter wanted to go hunting and he wanted the Pirates at the party and so he cleverly suggested we capture the Pirates and make them come and so we did. We gathered our swords and bows and arrows and set out, all except Mr. Barrie who decided to stay and write, which is his favorite thing. Off we went and we looked rather marvelous in our hunting outfits (which are actually our normal outfits except with a few leaves and sticks attached) and then we saw them. No, not the Pirates, the Indians, who were hunting the Pirates, who were hunting the mermaids. I told Peter we should let the Pirates kill the mermaids, but he said no because they scream like sissies (the mermaids that is) and that hurts his ears, so we didn't. We stalked the Pirates quite well though, and then Peter pounced and then Nibs and then the Twins and then Tootles and then Curly and then me, you see I had to go last because I was a girl and I should not get a Pirate before a boy or so says Peter (and he is the authority on such things). It was a fierce fight but in the end we won and I got to lead Smee back who was most obliging and then we had a party. It was a great party with berry cake and goat milk and cat milk and cream and tea and so much more! Peter had fun and we all gave him gifts and then played games. Even Tink had fun, which made it even better because she danced and we all flew except the Pirates because they don't know how because they've no pixie dust or happy thoughts, or they do, but just not enough. It was wonderful and Mr. Barrie told stories and Peter played his pipe. We danced and danced and danced and then it was time to go. I always hate that time but I went willingly and promised to come back soon and I did. Yes it was a very special Wednesday."

Although I am quite sure that Peter would not mind me telling all the stories, I am most afraid that it would be wrong for me to do so. It isn't at all fair for me to share all the fun so that you experience none of it on your own and so here is where I will stop. I am sure that not everyone will like these stories, or believe in them, which is very sad because why would anyone lie about Peter? But, if you don't like it, that is okay, just promise not to say so out loud. That will upset Peter greatly and I don't want him angry, we are going to be celebrating his birthday again soon. If you are ever in the Neverland though (which means you believe all this and can fly), do be sure to stop by the house and say "hello." Peter, Mr. Barrie, and the boys do so love visitors!
© Copyright 2006 Jessica Carter (shugtwo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1089215-Some-of-His-Stories