*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1089673-Poison-Roses-and-Sand
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fanfiction · #1089673
Soul Calibur fanfiction! A romance between Siegfried and Ivy.
Egypt.

What a magnificent sight...sand as far as the eye could see. The pyramids of Gize rose high into the morning sky, and the marketplace was already buzzing with the sounds of merchants and their customers. Outside the safe boundries of the city, however, was a small tent. The tan flaps of the tent opening flapped in a slight wind, and parted, to reveal the sleeping forms of Isabella Valentine, and Siegfried Schtauffen. They were wrapped in eachother's arms, two woolen blankets over them were their only other warmth in the cold nights of the Egyptian desert. Beside them, lay their clothing, ripped off of their bodies in a moment of passion, and two wine glasses, completely empty, as well as a large bottle of red wine.

Siegfried was first to wake, his head pounding from a horrible hangover. He stifiled a gasp when he realized where he was, and who he was with. Isabella "Ivy" Valentine had been his fantasy for some time now...even during his time as Nightmare, when he had helped bring her blade to life, something about her made his blood run hot with desire. But never in a million years would he have admitted it, nor would have dreamed something like this could happen...How could she choose him? He was younger than her by at LEAST seven years...and she was always so cold...her eyes, her words, her expressions...they could have frozen the sun, he was sure. So...so how did a friendly glass of wine turn into a night of passion that he knew he would never forget? Heaving a heavy sigh, Siegfried tightened the embrace, burying his nose into Ivy's hair.

Roses.

Her white hair smelled of roses...what a heavenly scent. Roses...the scent of a beautiful woman in his arms.

"Gods, what did I do to deserve you?" Siegfried whispered into her hair, taking in a deep breath of her scent once more. "Even though I know this will be the last time I lay with you...the only time I lay with you...I must have done something good..."

He was sure she couldn't hear him, but he had to quietly confess everything to her sleeping form...he just had to.

"I can't be here with you...I'm so sorry...but it's not right. You and I...we could never...it just wouldn't...I'm sorry Ivy..." The blonde knight kissed her forehead, keeping his lips there for a long moment, before letting Ivy's head rest on his shoulder, his own head resting on top of hers.

"It would never work out...you and I...we have different agendas...we crossed paths, what, four times? And yet...and yet...And yet I'm in love with you, dammit...I swore to myself that this was all just a dream...that none of this was really real...but...it was...it is!"

Siegfried heaved another heavy sigh, letting his fingers run through Ivy's silky hair.

"I love you, Ivy Valentine...but you'll never know that..."

The blonde knight got up, gently laying the beautiful English woman down, and covering her up with the woolen blankets. He quickly dressed, pulling on his clothing and his armor. The very moment he finished, he turned to the still form of his lover, and inhaled sharply. Was this really the right thing to do?

Yes...yes there was no doubt about it. A relationship...a romance between the two of them would only cause problems. It would already complicate things to the point of it being unbearable.

Siegfried walked over to Ivy, her back to him, and he kissed her softly on the cheek.

"Goodbye Ivy...I'm so sorry...I do love you..." He whispered this in her ear, before getting up and walking silently out of the tent.

A moment or two passed before the turquoise eyes of Ivy Valentine opened slowly, and looked in the direction of the tent door. She had been awake the whole time.

"I love you too..."
© Copyright 2006 Twisted Blade of Fate (ivy_deleon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1089673-Poison-Roses-and-Sand