*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1089920-Loveless
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #1089920
After she saves the president, Amanda is forced to work for him so she isn't exposed.
Amanda Lockhart strolled into the White House with her parents, expecting to be fascinated by the building's glory. She stared around the main entrance and saw that she wasn't disappointed. The chandelier in the main foyer shone a bright light down upon her tanned face, which reflected off her blonde hair and into her blue eyes. She was only 10, yet she had the knowledge of a person beyond her years.

Now, President Tanner was the youngest president yet to be in office at age 35, and he isn't the wisest guy either. He thought it would be neat to see the people around him stare in awe, and applaud him if he were to step out of the office to greet them. That wasn't a smart choice. He stepped out, and a man known as Muhammad Mat-Ahli raised a gun to his face. Tanner backed away, but Muhammad followed him, and they were back to where they started. Amanda's parents wanted to help Tanner, so they pulled the man away and threw him to the floor. "If you want him, you're going to have to get through us." They said angrily. "Okay." Muhammad spat in an Arabian accent. He lifted his pistol and fired straight into them, explosions echoing to Amanda's keen ears.

Amanda could only stare in terror as her parents crumpled to the floor. The secret service came, but Amanda watched as each of them collapsed as well. Amanda didn't want to see anymore. She lept forward and grabbed a pistol from a dead agent. She aimed it at the man and moved her finger to the trigger. "I don't want to committ murder, but if I have to, so be it!" She shouted to Muhammad. He chuckled, and Tanner whispered impatiently, "Do it! He should not live!" Amanda closed her eyes, and pulled the trigger.

The explosion erupted from the gun tip and Amanda couldn't bare to look. When she heard the figure that was Muhammad Mat-Ahli hit the ground, she opened her eyes slowly. She stared at the body, while President Tanner admired her work. "Nicely, done! You would make an amazing hit man!" The presidents words echoed eerily to every corner of the room. Amanda wirled around to face him. She raised the pistol to his forehead and said, "You have no recolection of the event, am I clear?" The president stared at her in fear. "I don't want to return to my home and have people swarming around to see the girl who saved the president. I didn't do it for you!" Amanda let tears roll down her face. "I want a normal childhood to progress, instead of one in front of the camera! I don't want fame! I want to be a normal person!" She broke down and collapsed to the floor in tears.

Tanner kneeled down and lifted her up. "You have no where to go," he said, "you are homeless." "Impossible!" she wispered defiantly. He forced her to stand. "You will work for me, understand? On the side you will continue school, and have a normal life." He bargained. Amanda scoffed. "Why would I say yes?" "If you don't, I will tell everyone that you saved me and you will be in front of the cameras." Amanda tried to argue, but couldn't. "Okay."
© Copyright 2006 Kit Kat (kfetter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1089920-Loveless