*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1090469-To-the-star-filled-sky-Incomplete
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1090469
Sometimes dreams have to take an hiatus.
         Another day starts with the newspaper and a fresh glass of OJ. I zip through the pages, looking for anything good from Earth while I take another sip of Orange juice pack. I finish my last slurp of citris drink to take a good look out my window and view a reticulated celestual sky which one could never see on land. I'm feeled with much satisfaction as I am sent a feed from Earth that my Solid gold house has just been completed. The mighty Astro-Man I have become must wake again aged 11 years with another kind of mindset.
         I suppose that dream is similar to a typical six year old. Curious and imaginative are the main traits of his personality and he can't imagine of having it lower. Yeah, I guess these are the dreams you have till you have to be dragged out of class for the "leg up" program to improve your poor reading skills after spending recess in lonesome between two bushes on a school wall. When that happens, the star filled sky feels a little out of reach.
         I grew up in a home as a third child. There was much love which I had received from my parents and there really was no need for me to be such a recluse. I suppose, being the introverted and skeptical person I am, there was no need to relate with the people around me. At lunch, recess, or any school-related event, I had always found my isolated haven which no one could disturb me.
         Although this solitude was created by me, I suffered from depression. I had always felt as if no one cared if I lived or not. A effect of the depression was a massive gain of weight which only further alienated me among my peers.
         At this point in my life, I really struggled to find a point to go on. I did recieve love and concern from my parents at times but this wasn't helpful for the outside world. I really felt pitiful.
         Here I was: 13 years old, 256 pounds, and as self-defeating as ever. This was the time when My family and I moved to South Florida. When we came, I saw this as a very valuable opertunity lose weight and make a whole new persona for myself (especially since I started finding the curvieness of the opposite sex's figure to "tickle" me in a new way). I started to jog everyday and open up to others. This was easier said than done. Losing weight seemed impossible after months of work and no results. A social butterfly was not becoming a part of my personality since I found Florida teens to be impolite and conforming.
         I am now in a point in my life that, to be honest, has no direction. The "What will happen now"'s seem more important than the "What will happen later"'s.
© Copyright 2006 E.M. Dulin (starmag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1090469-To-the-star-filled-sky-Incomplete