*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1090817-PR
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #1090817
this is a story that i am working on right now. it's called P.R.
The day my mom told me that we were going to Puerto Rico I got all excited until she told me why we were actually going. See my mom was half black half Jamaican and my father was a hundred percent Puerto Rican. So we were going there because his family invited us. My father left us when I was just a baby and I was now sixteen years old. They waited a long time and up until recently they haven’t even heard of me. So now they wanted to meet me and my mom agreed to take me because she says that they were my family and she hasn’t seen his mother in years, sixteen to be exact. So I’ll be meeting some aunts and uncles and some cousins and my grandparents. That was actually last week and right now we were packing our suitcases. We were only staying for a week but my mom said depending on how things go we’ll see about going back there.
“You think you got everything?” she asks me. “I think so” I say. I had three suitcases and a carry on bag. It’s a lot yeah but I wasn’t going to be able to run out and get something if I forgot it here so I packed everything.
“Ok let’s load the car” she says. So we carried the suit cases out to the car and she put them in the back. After that we and a quick breakfast and headed to the airport and we lived in the Bronx so it only took us an hour to get to LaGuardia. We went to the departure part of the airport and unloaded the car and I waited w/ the luggage as she went to park the car. There were a lot of people here. It took her about fifteen minutes to get back to me and we wheeled in our luggage checked in and sent our luggage on its way to the plane and we went to boarding dock 2-c to P.R. Our flight was in half an hour and it was still on time. It was seven thirty in the morning right now. I was kind of tired but it was an eight hour flight w/ no stops. I had my laptop and my CD player w/ me and my mom had her laptop as well. I look over at my mom to see her looking at a magazine. My mom had a cinnamon skin tone w/ no scars and she was five three w/ dark brown hair that was a little past her shoulders w/ brown eyes. You could tell she was half black because of her attitude and the way she talked. I on the other hand did not look like her child; I had honey skin w/ honey brown long hair that was straight except for the curls that hung at the ends of my hair. I looked Spanish but I didn’t speak the language my father never taught me. I also was five three in height and I had light brown hazel eyes, got that from him to. I asked my mom once if she hated my dad and she said ‘how can I when he gave me you?’ At first I thought she was saying that not to make me feel bad but the look in her eyes told me otherwise.
“You excited?” my mom asks me.
“Yeah and nervous” I say. “Do you think they speak English?” I ask her.
“Yes I know they do, but some of them don’t” she says. My mom grew up learning the language but after my father left she stop using it all together but she still knew it and I wish that I did to.
“We are now loading flight 81365 from New York to Puerto Rico!” they said over the P.A. system.
“That’s us” my mom says smiling. She gets up and I follow her and everyone lines up and there were a lot of people we were flying in a big plane. A five hundred passenger plane; they separated our tickets and we headed down the corridor and outside to the plane. There were three rows of seats, the outside rows sat three people in each row and there were fifty rows. The middle sat six people in each row also fifty rows. My mother and I were seated in the middle row, at the end of the aisle. We were off to P.R.


© Copyright 2006 romance (sakred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1090817-PR