*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1090915-The-Road
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #1090915
This essay is about loss, and the finality of losing the one you love.
A man and a woman are walking side by side down a road when the man falls down a hole.
The man asks the woman for help to pull him out of the hole and she does. Later down the road the man falls yet again into a hole and then another, and another.

After pulling him out of the last hole she says to him "I'm not strong enough to keep pulling you out of these holes". The man apologizes and says that he'll try and keep a better eye on the road.

One day the woman finds the man in a hole so deep that she could hardly hear his cries for help. She looks down into the hole and yells "I told you, I can't do this anymore!" The woman leaves the man in the hole, to walk the road alone, without him by her side.

The man sits trapped in his hole waiting, thinking, trying to figure a way out of the dark cold hole he was trapped in. Ever so slowly the man claws and scrapes, inching his way closer to the light.

When he finally climbed out of the hole he found the woman gone, he had been left to walk the road alone. The man whispered into the empty air "You didn't have to use all of your strength to help me, just a little love, patience, and guidance".



© Copyright 2006 Icehound (icehound at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1090915-The-Road