*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1091407-learning
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #1091407
we can learn something new everyday
For many years I have fancied myself a writer. Some of those years I have secreted that desire in my heart not allowing anyone to know that I wanted to out shine Danielle Steele, VC Andrews and even Stephen King. I got it in to my little brain that others could not understand and would ultimately make fun of heart's desire.
Slowly I allowed people to know that other then being mom, there was nothing more that I wanted in this little life. Some people reacted to that as I expected, some people fully gave much needed support and encouragement. The support shocked me and scared me. Eventually I found my way onto the internet, dabbling with how to letters coming in to my inbox, surfing onto sites that promise to help you write that best selling novel with in a months time.....for a fee. Into my profiles I would assert myself, writer, author.
Before long my children became young adults and I needed to show them that you can not live on dreams. A practical plan to make your life happy and full. A real job that pays the bills and says responsible adult. A reason to grumble at the sun as it peeks through the darkness to illuminate the way to that place one detests---work.
Another turn of events, Kassie. She came to hang as the kids now days do, and discussions arose about the idiacy(SP) of cyber speak. She said to me, how lazy to leave off that H when you want to simply say OH!. How incredibley profound that seemed to me at that moment. She was so right. We can not even type one single letter to complete a word how can we be expected to complete our lives missions.
She ended by saying to me, Maybe it is the writer in me that I feel this way.I stood looking at her in wonder.
So with her voice still echoing in my head, I feel compelled to put these thoughts down in cyberspace to serve as inspiration. Learn from the children, proudly proclaim who and what you are.
Me? I am a writer and I will show my children that dreams can come true and you can enjoy your job whether it be writer or mother, singer or textile worker. Your life is yours to do what you will with it, I choose to write
© Copyright 2006 Jayelle (jayelle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1091407-learning