*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1091444-Life-After-Death
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Victor
Rated: E · Essay · Death · #1091444
Life and Death Matter which has disturbed my mind...
People have speculated since the beginning of history on life after death. Many theories have been suggested; however, there is no generally accepted agreement about life after death. In my humble opinion, we must first understand how life began because death is the end of life. If we know the origin of life, we can find out the life after death.

Well, what is the origin of life? In fact, there are many theories of the origin of life which are imperfect in some way. Some people believe that life is created by the supernatural being. The others assume that life evolved from non-living matter by chemical reaction. If we accept the creation of life by the God, again, a problem is encountered. What is the origin of God? And why was life, which is full of struggles and unhappiness, created?

Suppose that life evolved from non-living things. Though this supposition agrees with the modern concept of biology, the study of living things, there exist some problems, for example, the difference between living things and non-living things. Many scientists believe that life is a system capable of eating, excreting, growing, reproducing, and responding to external stimuli. While it is a good assumption, it encompasses things which are not alive, such as a computer virus. Some computer viruses behave in a way that can lead to them being considered alive: they can grow and reproduce, they can move, they can respond to the stimuli in the computer.

Buddha’s theory tends to explain the causes of life. Life is formed by the one’s deeds, and the process of rebirth will take place endlessly until he gets enlightenment. In fact, Buddha’s theory is based on endlessness, or infinity. In other words, there is no origin of life and no end of life. So it is difficult to assume that it is true. If something has no end and no beginning, it is nothing.

None of the theories above is an entirely satisfactory description the origin of life. We cannot still answer why we are born, why we die and whether life after death really exists or not. Do you know why we are here?
© Copyright 2006 Victor (tlaung at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1091444-Life-After-Death