*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1092438-Two-old-men
by hadar
Rated: E · Poetry · Spiritual · #1092438
What is love?
Two old men spoke of love.
The first of them yells out loud with an ungrateful tone "Love is nothing but a wimp people have whenever they want to sound smart and intelligent, it has no connection to reality at all"
The second man that sat by his side rolled his eyes and sighed.
"Why are you sighing?" the old crow asked again.
The grumpy man's friend stared at him and sighed again.
"I'm sighing for you, for your empty soul" he replied, staring towards nothing yet everything.
"What?!" the grumpy man yelled and turned his back on his friend.
"Listen, old friend" he said and touched his friend arm and got his attention.
"If you say so many harsh things you must know one thing, and one simple thing."
"We are all animals, just like the ants that are walking by us right now, without love we are one of them and then Anarchy will ruin the earth. So what do we have but the belief in love that can assure that won't happen?"
The second man finished talking the old first man turned his gaze away from him.
Two old man sat on a bench staring towards nothing yet everything.


© Copyright 2006 hadar (hadar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1092438-Two-old-men