*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1092583-A-Night-in-the-Woods
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #1092583
Colin finds himself in a tough situation
         It was early in the morning and it was starting to rain. I leaned against a tree, and slid down to the ground. I tried to make myself as small as I could. I was shaking in fear. I
tried to slow my breath so I could hear anyone coming. Jim’s blood is still wet on my shirt.

         “Tell my wife I love her.” Jim gasped in his final breath.

         I promised him I would, just as I had for Peter. “I’ll try to keep my promises, Jim, if I get out of this I will tell her,” I said. Then ran as fast as I could towards the lake.

         I slipped on some wet moss and slid down a steep hill. At the bottom of the hill I slid into a tree, I felt my leg snap as the weight of my body collapsed on it.

         “SHIT!!!!!!” I cried out and then I bit my lip so hard that I bit right though it.

         “It came from over there!” I heard some one yell

         I pulled myself up with the help of a branch from the tree that broke my leg, and tore the branch off to use as a crutch. I have to get out of here. The sun was just peeking over the horizin but there was still enough darkness to hide me from them.

         I made it to the cabin. I knew they would look in the cabin eventually but I had no choice now, with my broken leg.

         I heard a twig snap; someone was coming. I knew I couldn’t have many rounds left in my gun. After the shoot out last night, it may even be empty. They killed Jim and Peter but I know I killed at least one of them.

         “Colin, this is the police. Put down your gun and come out.”

         If only I hadn’t escape with Jim and Peter. Now I’m here alone with the cops just
outside. I put the barrel of the gun in my mouth. I’m not going back!
© Copyright 2006 TMeakim (tmeakim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1092583-A-Night-in-the-Woods