*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1092870-A-Single-Flower
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1092870
The pain of love and loss
She never knew that a single flower could mean so much to her. She never knew a single flower could cause recurring pain in her heart.

It all started one friday in science class. The new boy that had just transferred from london came and sat down next to her. He introduced himself as Mike. She was a bit taken aback that a boy would talk to her, but she introduced herself as Lila. They talked about the fascinating structure of atoms at first and then got talking about their lives, their families and their dreams and goals. Lila was no romantic, but she knew it was love, even though it was only an hour and a half long lesson. When class had ended, and they were walking to their lockers together, Mike asked Lila if she would like to meet him at a lovely italian resturant that saturday night. Without hesiation she accepted. She finally felt like she meant something to someone, and that someone was genuinley interested in her and her life. They got together on Saturday night, and that marked the start of their relationship. They were inseperable.
One lunch, on their 1st anniversary of their relationship, Mike was looking quite pale. He grabbed Lila by the hand and led her to under a tree, the place they always ate lunch together at. He sat her down and kissed her so passionatley. He took bother her hands in his and said 'i love you. you have changed my life and made me a better person, i love you, i will never forget you' He handed her a flower and got into his car to go home.
The next day Lila got a call from Mikes parents announcing that he had died. The whole time that Lila and Mike were together, Mike had cancer, and wasnt exected to live very long.
Lila cried and cried for days. She put that flower in a vase and watched it die. It made her cry more. She kept the dead flower to remind her of the great time she had with Mike, and of the one person who she would ever love.
© Copyright 2006 -!Julz!- (toonice13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1092870-A-Single-Flower