*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1093226-Dancing-with-the-devil
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Other · #1093226
Living with regrets & a life full of sin...
As I dance with the devil, he burns my feet with ecstasy and captivates my mind with his poisonous seed.
As I encourage the seed to sprout, I become entangled in a world where reality is a liar, and a liar tells me nothing but the truth.
Why is it that I let this hideous creature invade my heart and rummage through my brain, and allow him to impregnant my head with his evilness.
In the beginning he whispered into my ear and saturated my eardrums with the sweet melody of deceit…
Each day my misery allows me to taste the salty tears that travel down my face at such a rapid pace.
I shed a tear to gain mercy, but he will show none…
Instead he spins me faster to prove to me that he his truly the lead partner…
Many times before has the lord intervened to become my new dance partner, but instead of accepting him, I grip the devils shoulder tighter and continue to dance to the wrong song of life… As I look over the devils’ shoulder, I give a silent gesture to the d.j. To stop the song…
The look he shows back only confirms that he and this sinister man have danced once before…
How can this be possible for him to be so strong and command so much control, but then I realize anything is possible…
The devil once walked in heaven…today he dances on earth.
© Copyright 2006 MyThoughts (mythoughts at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1093226-Dancing-with-the-devil