*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1093724-Im-the-baby
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1093724
A story about a little girl who is having a hard time having a new sister.

“I’m the Baby!”

When I was born, my mom said that I was the best thing that ever happened to her; she said that her and my dad wished for me for a long time. I asked her why it took so long for me to get here, and she said that it takes a long time to find someone as perfect as me.

When I was born I had a big sister named Emily, she was 10 years old, that’s two whole numbers! Emily played with me everyday, she used to feed me and dress me and even give me baths. She said I was the cutest baby in the world! THEN SHE CAME, my baby sister Katie. “Why did this have to happen to me?”

I remember the day she was born. My dad and my big sister took me to the hospital to see her. They made me wear a shirt that said big sister, “I hated that shirt!” I wanted to wear the shirt that said cutest baby, but my dad said I wasn’t the baby anymore. He said I was a big girl and that I was going to be a great big sister, but I didn’t want to be a big sister.

When I went into the room to see my mom, I was so happy, AND THEN THEY BROUGHT HER IN! There she was, she was smaller than me and cuter than me and everyone loved her, more than me. My mom even said, “Maggie, isn’t she the cutest baby in the world?” “I HATE HER” I said, “I want to leave her here. I want to go home; I want to be the baby!” Everyone loved the new baby. My big sister played with her and fed her and dressed her, she even gave her baths! “Why did this have to happen to me?”

My baby sister followed me everywhere. She took my toys and my books; she messed up my room, scribbled on my walls and even tore up my homework! “Why did this have to happen to me?” I want to be the baby, I was a better baby. I didn’t touch anything, or rip anything, I was perfect, that’s why it took so long for me to get here.

My friend Michael just got a new baby sister too, I told him to watch out! She will be smaller than him, and cuter than him, and everyone will love her more than him. She will take his toys and books, mess up his room, scribble on his walls and even rip up his homework. Michael told me it his job to teach his baby sister what to do. She may be smaller and cuter, but he was bigger and smarter. She was the baby, but he was the BIG BROTHER.

That’s when I realized that Katie followed me, took my toys and books, messed up my room, scribbled on my walls, and tore up my homework because I didn’t play with her like my big sister played with me. I was bigger and smarter than she was, and I was supposed to be the BIG SISTER.

From that day on, I was the best big sister in the world! Katie may have been smaller and cuter, but I was bigger and smarter! I WAS THE BIG SISTER.
© Copyright 2006 littlefish (regional at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1093724-Im-the-baby