*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1094315-The-Vision-of-Writing
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Inspirational · #1094315
This essay describes things in my life which guided my hand to become a writer.
Often I've dreamed of sandy beaches and wind in my hair and for some of us that's as close as we ever get. As a child I struggled with many things and made horrid choices. One's that I deeply regret.

as a result I learned to write to express my moods and feelings. When I was sixteen I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital for severe malnutrition. It changed my life. While I was there I was undergoing major therapy and did't know how to communicate what I was feeling. I had experience a great deal of pain and suffering in a short amount of time and didn't really trust much of anyone.

While I was in there I had to deal with some eating disorders such as: anorexia and bulimia. hey didn't want to release me. I thought a great deal about things that happened to me and places I'd rather be. I wrote a lot to ease my pain. They had us in Art Therapy which helped more then Traditional Therapy we use today.

When I look back on my time in there I realize that; that's when I truly learned to appreciate writing.

Writing gives you an outlet to share your inner most, deepest thoughts. your souls pain with the ones you care about. It also gives you the freedom to feel the places you can not physically go. Smell the things your nose can't physically smell. Through writing you can truly be free!
© Copyright 2006 Stardust (stardust202 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1094315-The-Vision-of-Writing