*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1095397-Linkers-Book1-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1095397
This is the first chapter in a novella I wrote
Chapter 1:
Cire Delau


         “Ewww…” Cire Delau, the psychic elf groaned as his boot got stuck in the muck.
Cire Delau was a pesky elf who was 1100 years old. (He looked around 11 years old in human years) He had long sandy hair, and always had a tan. He almost always wore an olive dragon skin shirt with leather pants and Cankings (hiking boots) every day. Most psychic elves have powers, but rarely are they psychic powers. But Cire’s power allignment was very rare.
He had a blue right eye, and a red left eye. He could shoot ice out of his right hand and fire out of his left.
         Cire slowly walked through the Naso Marsh. His mother had told him many times never to go in the marsh but as far as he could see, there was no danger here. Or so he thought.
         First, he heard a faint buzzing, then it got louder. After a while, he could see a big blue cloud swarming towards him!
         “Mukon Bugs!” he yelped.
         He trudged until the ground suddenly gave way underneath of him. He plummeted to the bottom of a hole. As he got up, a rock fell down on his head, and he was knocked out

         “Owww…” Cire groaned as he sat up. All around him was white; the only thing that could have had form was the floor.
         “Uhhh… Where am I?” Cire thought out loud.
         “You’re in the Intersection of the Realms.” A boy’s voice said behind him.
         Cire slowly turned around. There was a boy with bright blue eyes, black hair, and he was wearing white pants and shirt.
         Cire covered his eyes and said, “Ya know, the white clashes.”
         “Yeah… that happens the first time you’re here.” He chuckled.
         “Cire–” Robyn started, but then was cut off.
         “How do you know my name?” Cire demanded.
         “I just know these things,” Robyn smiled. “Listen to this, the Prophecy of the Linkers. The Linkers will come to heal the Universe’s wounds and return it to eternal peace.”
         “Interesting…” Cire mumbled.
         “I’ll see you soon, Autum just fell,” Robyn said. And disappeared.
         Cire sat up. He was back in the hole in the Naso Marsh.
         “Well… better find a way out,” Cire said to himself as he stood up. Luckily, the Mukon Bugs had passed. Maybe the fall was a blessing in disguise.
         The walls were too steep to climb, but he did notice that a badger had dug it’s way into this hole before. However, Cire was too big. Then he noticed an etching on the wall. Cire stumbled over rocks to the picture. The etching was of a flame wrapped around an icicle. Cire understood almost immediately. He placed both hands on the wall over the etching. There was rumbling, then a scraping of rock. A cloud of dust rose.
         Cire coughed and waved his hands trying to clear the air. There, in front of him, was a complex system of tunnels. Cire crawled into one of the tunnels on his hands and knees.
He saw light ahead. It was coming through the cracks of a trap door. When he arrived at the door, he pushed down and fell through the opening. He tumbled onto the edge of a cliff and looked around. He was on the cliff below his mountain house. He struggled to get to the steps carved out of the rock. When he pushed on the front door, it squeaked as always.
         Cire crept into his kitchen. There was no one there. He decided to take a shower since he was covered from head to toe in muck, dust, and cuts.
         After he was bathed, he crawled into bed, and fell asleep. He dreamt of being in the intersection. Robyn was there. He said, “It is time.”
© Copyright 2006 Written by: Eric (writer_eric17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1095397-Linkers-Book1-Chapter-1