*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1095509-Melissa-W
by Ilyena
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Biographical · #1095509
This is about a close bit of me Mell
People in my life are very special to me. One person who stands out like a glow stick in the pitch black in Melissa W.
Mel has been my friend for about a year now. The resin I like Mel is because she is magic. She does this magic trick where she puts her arms around my ribs and clutches her hands together, grasping her fingers into a tightly wound bond, and wraps me up in her warmth and it makes me feel like the magic grows out of her and twists its way through her hands into my back and through the small veins in my body to every tiny red cell.
She can touch my heart without looking at me by making my heart glow from the inside; she fixes the cracks in my deepened heart. She makes my heart pump slowly with the warm love she gives so freely like it was air to breath in; to steal in. The cracks that have formed in my heart fill with this glowing yellow liquid and fill and spill over the splinter and close them off, board them off till there are no more cracks and I feel whole and my heart is no longer broken but the liquid pasted over the cracks.
Mel is the angel that stepped a foot wrong in heaven and her wings became hollow and she fell to the ground, back to earth, in front of my feet and understood everything that is anything before I ever opened my mouth. She offered e her heart to break, her skin to blister and her soul to stain. She mended the broken pieces of paper inside my head and filed away any storage and the amazing thing is she didn’t even realise it. She will never realise how much she made me feel as virtuous as she did. But no one is perfect are they?
The red dripping lines along Mel’s arm made the clear clean water drip out of the corner of my eyes. They made me want to grip her like she could do to me. I so wanted to scream out that black-tarred pain. I needed to take Mel’s arm and look into her eyes, which now where also dripping clear pain along my hand, and fix her heart the way she had fixed mine. It was vital that I held onto Mel’s pain and pressed her forehead to mine and took it all away with that yellow filled liquid that mended my heart the way she did to me. I wanted to breath out that air filled breath that drug called happiness that made the world blur into a distorted view , but the world was already blurred from the drowning tears.
So I felt her fire even when it was cold in my heart and set it alight with my mumbled filled words that told her brain to fix the little pieces of ripped paper inside her mind to make sure that heaven would still have its angel back.
© Copyright 2006 Ilyena (nena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1095509-Melissa-W