*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1096108-Explanation
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Comedy · #1096108
flash contest 300 words or less
Explanation


“Anyway Doc,” I shook my head, “I wouldn’t have got up when I did, but for the damn garbage truck. Susanne takes no blame for anything of course. First thing out of her mouth..., no wait! The first thing after the truck, Susanne rolled over and caught me in the eye with her elbow. Yeah, that was it, then she told me that I needed to get the trash out before the truck got away.”

I couldn’t tell by the look on his face whether he was believing me or thought I was making it all up. All he did was make notes on the chart and shake his head.

“Anyway, I gathered up the garbage. Of course one of the bags broke and I had to clean that up too! I had to chase that damn truck for three blocks before I caught it!

I didn’t see the stupid cat sleeping on the steps either, do you know the first thing a cat does when startled out of a sleep? It jumps up and tries to climb the nearest thing it can find, it just happened to be my leg this time.”

Easing my cast up onto the stool, I continued, “Susanne was thoughtful though and had my coffee ready when I limped in. I know it wasn’t smart to gulp a cup of hot coffee, but I didn’t mean to spit it on her. She knew I didn’t mean it, but she got pissed anyway because she didn’t have time to change before work. She just gave me a dirty look and went out to her car. I followed and tried to apologize, but when I leaned in to kiss her, she started backing the car up before I could get my foot out of the way.”
© Copyright 2006 E E Coder (ecoder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1096108-Explanation