*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1097236-Clowns
by Mitch
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1097236
A story about some who suffer from a phobia of Clowns.
I was walking in the forest with my friends. There were two girls, two guys, and then me. It was dark and late in the night. We decided to take a walk before dinner and got distracted and by the time we realized what time it was it was pitch black. We could barely see our hand in front of our face. The only light we had was a little pen light. The dead tree branches stuck out like arms that were trying to grab us. Mark says," Guys I think we should stay here for the night."
I say," Let's keep going we don't know what's out here." Right after I say that I hear a growl. It wasn't just a normal growl either it was the sound of something that sounded not like a human or an animal. One of the girls says," I agree let's go home." We start running the direct from where we came. About a minute later we find an abandoned house. Without thinking we walk inside to hide. After we close the door we hear a scratch, we open the door and nothing was there. Next thing I knew there was a clown in my face. I scream," Clown!" I could see him and his evil grin. The big red fake smile. The big red nose. I then noticed his eyes were yellow. I hear my friends try to tell me that there is no clown. But he is right in front of me. I can see him. I can smell him. I can almost taste him. Without thinking I jump on him, but end up landing on the ground hitting concrete. He had vanished into thin air. My friends ask me what that was about and I said nothing. Mark quitely says he saw a clown too. Next thing I know the clown is back and right behind Mark. I scream at the top of my lungs look out Mark. I then feel a sharp unbearable pain in my calf and realized I had been stabbed. Next thing I know I have the knife in my hand and the clown was no more living. The one by Mark had done the exact same thing and Mark had killed that clown too. Our friends stared at us. They ask us what that was about becuase all of a sudden blood started to come out of our legs. We just look at each other and smile. We had overcome our fear of clowns...and then I hear the buzzer of my alarm clock.
© Copyright 2006 Mitch (themonkeyman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1097236-Clowns