*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1098304-Watching
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Wooz
Rated: · Other · Other · #1098304
Simple mundane thoughts.
So there I stood, standing amongst that throbbing mass of bodies. A thousand figures pressed against me, moving and writhing and sweating and laughing.

And I felt love.

I felt such incredibly love for them all, yet I don't know why. I could feel such joy and adoration for all these sentient beings around me, all of them moving to the thumping music that seemed to swallow all other noise.

I moved with them. I twisted and turned and jumped and screamed and laughed. Perhaps they thought oddly of me, this lone soul, dancing as if he were alone.
But I didn't care, I loved them all.

I watched them then from a balcony, looking down at the great writhing mass as if it were one giant living form.

'I love you all', I screamed as loud as my lungs would let me, even though the sound was barely audible in the din of the music. I laughed to myself some more.

A companion, and old friend, came to me. I did not see him approach. He simply stood by my side, where a moment ago he had not been. We watched the dancing for a few moments longer, then we embraced.

'You want a drink?', he shouted in my ear.

'No', I replied, 'I'm already hammered'.
© Copyright 2006 Wooz (wooz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1098304-Watching