*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1099075-First-night-in-Key-Largo
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1099075
First night at Key Largo
The Air was warm as we stumbled out of the car with all of our "stuff". We struggled to haul 8 bags up three flights of stairs: It seemed like a ridiculus ammount of stuff for just Three people. From the outside it looked like just an average hotel, one of the hotels that you only want to stay a night at: we were going to be spending five here. The inside of the room was shocking. It was huge, beautiful tile floor, three SEPERATE bed rooms, with two bathrooms, one spacious kitchen, and a patio overlooking the bay. Even though I was hot, sweaty, tired and my legs were cramped after that long ride in the cramped rental car, I couldn't help but stare in awe at the beauty. After we settled in, we quickly walked down to the local restraunt: getting there included a beautiful walk on the beach. I felt like I was in some kind of trance. Drinking daquiris, eating coconut battered shrimp, and listening to a live local band. My Buddies and I were getting a kick out of watching the Pelicans fly, then dive straight into the water after fish, then come up chewing a fish and flapping their awkward wings. We must have looked like total tourists now that I look back... Many daquiris, beers, margaritas, and coconut shrip later we worked our way along the beach back to the motel to make sure we got a good nights sleep in before this dive tomarrow, that I will descibe in the next entry. We were too excited to get to sleep, so we wound up sitting out on the patio for quite a while, talking and having a good time. We eventually decided that something was just wrong. All three of us looked at each other and smiled as we all made a run for the door, down the three flights of stairs and into the rental car. Carl, the only guy on this trip, fired up the car and drove as fast as he could without breaking the speed limit to the local grocery store. Penny, the other dive buddy, and I stumbled out of the car, ran for the doors, grabbed carts, and raced all the way back to the frozen section. Loaded up plenty of our favorite ice creams, and a few odd ones of course, and raced the carts of ice cream as fast as we could to the check out counters and then out to the car. Back to the motel, up the flights of stairs, into the room, and trew the ice cream in the freezer, bags in the trash, ice cream in the bowls, and ran as fast as we could back out to the patio, calling "Time!" as our bowls hit the table, and our butts the chairs. Ahhh...that night after we finally called it the first night, I think every body decided that this was going to be one HECK of a vacation.
To Be Continued....Very Soon
© Copyright 2006 LoVe ThEm DoGs! (maggot-girl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1099075-First-night-in-Key-Largo