*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1099649-Welcome-Home-Mark
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #1099649
Mark is home from the war and ends up having a worse at his party than he had before
Mark had just gotten home. He was serving time in the war and was now able to finally be home with his wife and kids. He had been gone fro almost six months. Everyone in town was glad to have him home so they decided to have a welcome home party for him at the local bar.

Mark and his wife Janel left their home to head up to the bar. “I’m so glad your home,” Janel said with a huge smile on her face.

“I know what you mean; it was awful being over there for so long.”

They talked for a little while longer until finally they reached the bar. Mark and Janel walked in and everybody began to yell, “Welcome home!” Mark had a huge smile on his face he couldn’t believe that all these people were here for him.

He started to walk around and greet everyone that was there. Mark got through half the people when he noticed a man in the very back with an angry look on his face. “What’s wrong with you?” Mark asked

“I hate you and everything you do,” the man said very angrily.

“What? What are you talking about? I don’t even know you,” Mark said starting to get an angry tone to his voice.

“I don’t have to know you to be mad at you, I am a strong pacifist.”

Mark was very offended by what this man was saying to him. It was incredibly rude because Mark had just spent the last six months in the war to protect people like him. Mark couldn’t take this anymore and he lost his cool and hit the man as hard as he possibly could. It sent him to the ground. The man was on his back bleeding from his nose it was broken. Everyone was rushing over to them now. Mark was still beating on the man until someone pulled Mark away. The man was very badly beaten and bleeding.

“Mark what happened here?” Janel asked him with tears in her eyes.

“I don’t know I just couldn’t control myself he made me so mad, I couldn’t help it.”

Then two cops walked in the door. Someone had called the cops while the fight was happening. They came up to Mark and noticed the man on the ground bleeding. “You’re under arrest,” they said as they began to handcuff him. The cops left with Mark and an ambulance came to take care of the man on the floor.

While Mark was in the holding cell and officer came to tell him how the man was doing. “Mark, the man you beat up is now in intensive care.”

“Oh my God, are you serious,” Mark said in shock. Mark was now scared of what would happen to him because of what happened.

© Copyright 2006 Sweet pea (sweetpea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1099649-Welcome-Home-Mark