*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1099651-One-eye-Malachi
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Family · #1099651
Malachi's wicked crazy adventure to take his son to college
Malachi got his truck brokeded

It was a warm day in spring and Jim-Bob and his dad Malachi were on there way to the college Jim-Bob was attending this year. Jim-Bob had been accepted to a nice college up north. Malachi decided to take some time off from his usual farming duties to see where his son was going to college.
They arrived at the college around seven in the morning. Jim-Bob went to sign in and get the key to his new dorm room. Malachi backed up his truck to the front door of the dorms and started unloading all of Jim-Bobs stuff. After they had gotten everything out of the truck and up to Jim-Bobs dorm room, Malachi said he was going to leave since he had farming to do.
Malachi went said bye and went out to his truck. He tried starting it but nothing happened. Malachi was not very happy about this because it meant that he was going to fall even farther behind in his farming.
Ok, before I go any farther into the story I should tell you a little bit about Malachi and his family. Malachi P. Grubly is a big man, he weighs over 300 hundred pounds and is not really that fat. Malachi thinks that he is always right and if someone challenges his opinions he gets very upset. Malachi is a fighter, both for what he believes in and just because he likes to fight. Malachi lost right his eye a couple of years ago in an accident involving a pig and a pitchfork. ( I don’t think I should go into details) His friends call him “one eye Malachi, and that name does not bother him unless someone is poking fun at the fact that he only has one eye. Malachi has been raising Jim-Bob by himself for the past ten years because Mrs. Grubly died of Cancer. Ever since the day Mrs. Grubly died things have not gotten much better for the grubly family. Malachi goes to the bar every night and drinks more than I human should drink in a day, and Jim-Bob found drugs when he was fourteen years old, and has been addicted to them ever since.
Ok so now you know a little more about the Grubly family. So back to my story. Ok where was I, oh yes Malachi’s truck would not start.
Malachi did not like falling behind in his farming because that usually meant less money for him come harvest time. He was also upset because now he would have to ride the bus back home.
Jim-Bob called a taxi for his dad and the taxi took Malachi to the bus stop. Malachi bought a ticket and hopped on the first bus back home. The bus ride turned out to be worst than Malachi had expected. He had a seat right next to the toilet in the back of the bus and of course the toilet was clogged and did not smell very pleasant. To make matters worse he was sitting next to an old woman who was asleep and snoring in a very weird manner. The sounds she was making reminded Malachi of a dying pig. And then of course the bus got a flat tire.
The bus had to stop in the next town. So Malachi decided to take a walk around town since he had like four hours to waste. He stopped by the bar and decided to have a couple of beers. After 10 or so beers he decided he should head back to the bus station.
He got back to the bus station and was sitting in a chair, when a man started talking to him about farming. They were getting along fine until Malachi asked the man what he did for a living. The man told Malachi that he was an international farm equipment dealer. This did not go over very good with Malachi because he was strictly a John Deere man. Malachi could not stand International equipment or the people who used it.
Since Malachi had been drinking he was feeling a little on edge. He started bragging about his John Deere equipment and how good it was and started trashing international equipment.
The other man was getting very frustrated and he walked up to Malachi and said “ Hey one eye, John Deere tractors are made by morons and only morons operate them”. Those were the last word to come out of that poor mans mouth because Malachi popped him one in the face and then started wailing on him. Malachi ended the fight by knocking the man out and decided it was time to leave.
Malachi boarded the bus and the bus took off towards Malachi’s home town. The bus was about five miles from his home when a cop pulled the bus over. The cops came on the bus and asked Malachi to come with them. Malachi was arrested and charged for assault and battery, he did five days in jail and paid a 1000 dollar fine.
The same day Malachi got out of jail the other man was getting out of the hospital. Him and Malachi ended up on the same bus once again but the bus driver made sure they were not anywhere near each other.
When Malachi finally got to his farm he was 3 weeks behind with his farming and he noticed he had new neighbors. He decided to stop by on his way to the field and say hello. When Malachi knocked on the door he heard footsteps and when the door opened Malachi’s jaw almost hit the floor. Standing there in the door way, his new neighbors, just happened to be that salesman that Malachi had gotten into a fight with.
© Copyright 2006 ilikesmurfs (boohooforyou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1099651-One-eye-Malachi