*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1099657-Horror-Story
by Linda
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1099657
A Horror Story about a girl.
Karmen stood in the shower at around nine o'clock at night. She finally had the apartment to herself because her roommate had a date with her boyfriend and would most likely be out until morning. She was enjoying the warm water when all of a sudden it turned scolding hot and the lights went out. She got the water off and when she did, the lights came back on. She steped out thinking that was weird but it wasn't weird enough to alarm her until she looked in the steamy mirror after getting dressed. On the mirror someone had wrote the words "ready to die?"
Karmen stood staring at it frozen with fear. Then she let out a screechingly loud scream. Karmen thought that maybe she should go and grab her cordless phone and call her boyfriend, Ted, to ask him to stay with her because she was frightened. when she grabbed the phone she heard some sort of glass breaking in the kitchen.
At that point she decided to escape and just drive to Ted's place. She ran to the front door, but when she pushed it to open it she noticed that something must have been blocking it because she couldn't open it. Karmen decided to go back to the phone so she could call the police. When she grabbed it she noticed the phoneline had been cut. When she looked up she saw him. A tall large built man wearing all black not an inch of his skin could be seen. The man was holding a knife over his head. Karmen shreeked at the top of her lungs. The man plunged down his arms toward Karmen. Karmen moved just in time and the man fell and stabbed the floor. Karmen ran to the back door in the kitchen. "Yes!" she thought when she opened the door. She was almost out when the man grabbed her leg. Karmen grabbed the toaster and hit the man over the head as hard as she could knocking him unconcious. Karmen ran to her neighbor's apartment and pounded on the door as hard as she could crying loudly. Her neighbor opened the door and asked Karmen what was wrong. "There was a man after me." she explained "He's unconcious in my apartment."
"I'll call the cops!" her neighbor yelled.
Karmen peeked inside her aparment and saw that the man was still lying there. Karmen new that she had to back in and make sure that he wouldn't go anywhere. She took a deep breath in and went inside. She noticed that the man still had the knife in his hand so slowly Karmen went toward the body. She grabbed the knife out of his hand as carefully as she could so he wouldn't wake. She finally got it out of his hand, just as she did the police came inside. The police officer walked over to the man and pulled off his mask, it was her boyfriend Ted, he must have been playing a prank on her. The Police Officer touched Teds neck to feel for a pulse. He looked at Karmen and told her that the man was dead and that she was under arrest for his murder.
© Copyright 2006 Linda (judith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1099657-Horror-Story